Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    I'm not giving up hope for an at-large.....but I accept its a stretch. Here is the case:

-The Big East had 10 out of 10 teams finish the season with a .500 overall record or better. Did I hear that that was the FIRST and ONLY time that every team in a conference had a .500 Record or better. This speaks to RELATIVE strength of the conference among all the D1 conferences.

- we had a GLUT of teams that finished with 7-9 wins. 8 of the 10 teams finished within 2 games of each other in the standings. Speaks to a large degree of balance and parity in the conference.

- Looking at the recent history of the BE, we've got the NC in the 2 of teh last 3 years and this has been a 5-6 bid conference a few times very recently. you can argue that none of that matters. I would argue that IT DOESNT HURT!

- Due to the above, there MAY be this idea that this years Big East should be a 4 bid conference. Since we already KNOW that VU & MU are 2 of the 4, and logic dictates that SHU is probably already in, then there is the potential for 1 more bid among XU, SJU, CU, GU, & BU.

- We just beat Creighton straight up
    - Butler Shit the bed
    - SJU shit the bed
    - Georgetown shit the bed

- So, WHEN (not if), we beat Nova tonight, we will have clearly shown that we are the fourth best team in the conference.

- AND, when you consider what we lost....including 5 very important contributors to last years #1 seed....as well as a HEAD COACH....it becomes VERY easy to rationalize a slow start to the season.

- and lastly, when you think about how this team has finished down the stretch, it REALLY allows the committee to consider the team today to be much different than the team that started the year.

- And this team, right now, is tournament worthy.

but I still give it a 30% chance. Winning tonight is vital to keeping teh at-large dream alive. this game is essentially win or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    I agree with your Drudy. The only way we get an at-large is if we beat Nova tonight and Marquette/Seton Hall tomorrow night and then we don't need an at-large bid anyway.
    I'm on this general consensus as well, I think even a win tonight and loss against Marquette/Seton Hall would end up with us just missing, with probably a pretty high seed in the NIT. I'm hoping we come out, bust a couple brackets. The way the transfers have come on the last few games, you can tell this team is starting to believe and want it. Hope we play a complete game, it's my Med School Formal night and I refused heading over to pre-game early, MAKE IT WORTH IT X, PLEASE.

LOOKING AT CONFERENCE STATS

-EVERY single BE team scored more points than they allowed this year.
    -conference was 19-30 against top 25. Decent. I suppose if you were .500 or better, it would suggest that they collective strencght of the team was essentially "top 25".

I believe there is a shot. Im inching up my odds to 35%. If I keep drinking, we'll be in and the betting favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    it's my Med School Formal night and I refused heading over to pre-game early, MAKE IT WORTH IT X, PLEASE.
    fucking EASY decision.

The party's over this year.
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

Quote Originally Posted by HenryMuto View Post
    The party's over this year.
    Bull... We are going NIT and playing longer than a lot of NCAA teams. NIT is a great prize knowing we were 3-8 at one point in the conference. we will be back in MSG and getting our second NIT championship.

Quote Originally Posted by stammina0721 View Post
    Bull... We are going NIT and playing longer than a lot of NCAA teams. NIT is a great prize knowing we were 3-8 at one point in the conference. we will be back in MSG and getting our second NIT championship.
    I was talking about an NCAA bid
    2014 RTS National Champion $200,000 (2460 teams) 2015 RTS 2nd Place $25,000 (3120 teams)
    2012 NFFC National Champion $100,000 (1872 teams) 2015/2018 NCAA Bracketology 351/362 pts

I was talking about an NCAA bid
    That is obvious but let's support this team especially guys like Hankins. I don't think anyone would disagree that he is one of the most liked guys on this team and one we have to Cheer for as long as possible

Ulitmately if X had won at home vs DePaul and won vs Nova yesterday I think that would have locked up a bid. If X gets a #1 seed in the NIT that would prove how close they were as they top 4 left out get the #1 NIT bids.

Ulitmately if X had won at home vs DePaul and won vs Nova yesterday I think that would have locked up a bid. If X gets a #1 seed in the NIT that would prove how close they were as they top 4 left out get the #1 NIT bids.
    Or won 2 of the 4 home league games where we had double digit leads under 12 minutes in the second half.