Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Freshman

Our Seed if we Win Out

If XU can win out to 10 straight (But, St J & BE Tourney) where might they be Seeded. I say #5.

5? Oh boy take off the blue glasses. No way but we def be a 7 I say. Lose in finals 9-10 and lose semi I would say 11 to 11 PIG. X is in with 3 more wins . 19-14 should be enough this year. Dayton losing tonight def helps.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Freshman
    Reason for my 5 seed. In 2010-11 UConn was an 8 or 9 seed in BE Tourney. Had to win 5BE games in 5 days, which they did. They then went from no bid at all to a #3 seed in NCAA with the BE Tourney Title. They then beat #8 seed Butler for the NCAA Title. I say #5 seed if we have to beat Nova or Marquette to win BE Tourney. #4 seed if we have to beat both. #6 seed if we avoid both Marquette & Nova. You are talking a 10 game win streak, 4 on the road, 3 on Neutral floors & only 3 at home.

UConn was ranked going into the Big East Tournament and beat four ranked teams in that Big East Tournament. They were about a six seed to start with. Not really relevant to us. You might be thinking of their AAC championship season when they beat Kentucky with Kemba.

Yeah I think we'd get screwed and get the good ole' 8/9 seed, and win and have to take on a 1 seed if we won out, would rather be a 10 or 7 at that point.

Can’t really say we’d be screwed in that scenario, to be honest. Lol. We were just 11-13!

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    UConn was ranked going into the Big East Tournament and beat four ranked teams in that Big East Tournament. They were about a six seed to start with. Not really relevant to us. You might be thinking of their AAC championship season when they beat Kentucky with Kemba.
    Not thinking of 2014 UConn Team. 2011 was when they had Kemba Walker. 2011 they finished 9-9 in BE & were worried if they lost 1st BE Tourney game they might get left out of Dance. I may be a little zealous in my "dream scenario" but if UConn got a #3 seed in 2011 going 9-9 in BE before winning BE Tourney, then a #5 for us is within reach. The 4 seed may be a reach

UConn was ranked #21 at the beginning of the BE Tournament. We would be lucky to be #51. And we won’t get 4 wins over ranked opponents in NYC.

Sounds like our narrative has changed over the last couple of games.