Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Freshman
    Making a positive out of a negative. Castlin & Welages only had 13 minutes between them vs Nova Sunday. That could easily double or triple while Harden is out. Imagine you are Castlin or Welages. You are licking your chops for the chance to prove your worth. You have fire in your eyes. Malcolm Bernard recently spoke to your team & both Transfers are ready to let it loose. We have done well this year whenever key players are out. Steele & his staff have put down an iron fist & players are responding eagerly. 5 in a row coming Thurs nite
    Last edited by xu koop scoop; 02-27-2019 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Misspell

I've heard multiple people suggest a failed drug test and while the length of suspension some insiders are alluding to would jive with that it doesn't make sense to me for multiple reasons:

- Do schools in-season test their guys? Much less 90% of the way through? We typically see a rash of these suspensions during the preseason, but i don't receall seeing many 3 gamers during the season. I was always under the impression that since schools want these guys out there they test them preseason and that's it.

- You have to be a pretty big moron to fail a drug test these days, especially as a high major bball player. They're just not that hard to get by especially when you know they are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by muskies1235 View Post
    I've heard multiple people suggest a failed drug test and while the length of suspension some insiders are alluding to would jive with that it doesn't make sense to me for multiple reasons:

- Do schools in-season test their guys? Much less 90% of the way through? We typically see a rash of these suspensions during the preseason, but i don't receall seeing many 3 gamers during the season. I was always under the impression that since schools want these guys out there they test them preseason and that's it.

- You have to be a pretty big moron to fail a drug test these days, especially as a high major bball player. They're just not that hard to get by especially when you know they are coming.
    They are supposed to be random. You can bet most of the time nowadays when you hear of a suspension during the season, there is a good chance it is a failed drug test.

To clarify, I asked Shannon if it was just one game.
    Her response
    "As of now that's what it is."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by muskies1235 View Post

Jalen had a suspension around this same time in his sophomore year I think. I don't see it being academics because of the timing, and I don't see it just being missing a meeting or anything b/c that's pretty hard to just skip a meeting. I think he'll be back soon enough. Hopefully forgive and forget and both parties move on without missing a beat. It says "coaches decision for violation of team rules." Idk if it'll be for Butler or the first round of BET, but I don't think it'll be anything very serious.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post

my take:

He seems to be a well mannered kid. He's good looking and certainly cares about his team and teammates - he was the one that walked down the court the longest with Tyrique after the knee incident. I just have to believe it was more "J.P. Macura'esque" and less "dog at risk", police horse hit", etc. oriented.
    Great point: This situation would make so much more sense if Harden happened to be ugly. But someone good looking??? It just doesn’t add up.

What's the time table for a failed drug test by the way, just long enough until it's out of their system? I've always wondered that for something like marijuana.

Sophomore
    When Jalen failed his test I wanna say it was 2-3 games. However, I remember early in the year when (I think) Naji and tyrique were suspended for “violation of team rules” and it was only one game. Hoping the same here.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Well, this is a thread turn I didn't expect!
    I hope this doesn't become a chronic problem this season if that's the case.