Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My Problem With This Messageboard

To the moderators & administrators: Please do not delete or move this thread. Thanks.

On Thursday we won our first round game. I remember checking this site at night and around 500 members had visited during the day. I counted 15 supporting members (3% of the total).

As of 11:00, 332 people have logged on today. Game days usually draw a larger crowd. If you look at the bottom of the main message board page you can see all of the people. You can count the people highlighted as Supporting members. The same 15 supporting members checked in today, which is less than 5% of today’s total. This site could do a lot better than 15 supporting members.

Become A Supporting Member

This site has quickly become the best interactive site for Xavier on the entire world wide web. This site has given us features and perks that we have never had before. It was high time. We didn’t have a mid-major program, and we didn’t deserve a mid-major message board.

In the past our boards have had problems with spam and trolls. We have had problems with good fans being banned while Dayton flamers post at will (PropXIX). At times it seemed like the inmates were running the asylum. You had to just avoid the board after a loss because of all the garbage from “newbie” posters looking to stir up trouble.

In the past if we had a big game you likely couldn’t even get on the board because of server capacity issues. Those technical problems were legendary before this board came along.

I remember many posters claiming that they would gladly pitch in a bit if they could get a dependable board. Well here we are, and it is time for people to pitch in.

To find the benefits of joining the Varsity Club and becoming a Supporting Member click here.

All they are asking for is $12.50 for a year. If you would like to pay now you can go straight here. $12.50 is probably too low, especially when you only have a small number stepping up. But they priced it so that it was affordable for everyone to become a Supporting Member.

This site doesn’t pay for itself. Hundreds of people come here on a regular basis. This is a Mecca for diehard fans. If you don’t have the spare coin you can enjoy this site for free. It is an inclusive place. Take whatever you want, give whatever you can.

Hundreds of people will come here tomorrow. This is a great place to celebrate our great program. To have only 15 supporting members is downright pathetic and sad. I have spent more on beer at one game at the Tas than what I pay to support this fantastic site for a whole year.

Our season only has two weeks left after tomorrow. You can’t do a fund drive in the off season when people are out doing other things (“Golf and Tennis to be played”). If people are going to be hit up they need to be hit up now.

The site administrators are passive fundraisers. I am neither a site administrator nor am I a passive fundraiser.

This site needs more members. This is our site. During the season I check this place out more than any other on the net. It is my internet home. It is our internet home.

What should be the goal?

It would be nice to at least double the supporting membership. Step up to the plate people. It can’t be that hard. They accept Paypal. It is a safe and secure transaction. You can even send them a check. I know that many of you have probably been meaning to do it and just put it off. I know where you are coming from. No better time than right now to pull the trigger.

If you join this site please post on this thread so I can see if I made any difference. And after 15 people join I promise to stop bumping this thread to the top just to annoy you.
    Last edited by Snipe; 03-22-2008 at 02:20 AM.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Ecellent Post. Seriously think about it. They might be able to more with more funding. Supporting members also do not see advertising banners.

I stuck this post. In the end I'm just a fan like everyone else around here, and I feel like a sticky is appropriate.

Walk-On
    Had no idea. Thanks! Proud to be a supporting member!

Quote Originally Posted by ccole3868 View Post
    Had no idea. Thanks! Proud to be a supporting member!
    You my friend are a Great American and a friend of the Xavier Nation!

WOO HOO!

Walk-On
    $12.50? I visit this board atleast 20 times a day. Peanuts. Glad that someone brought it to my attention!

That could be good or it could be bad. I often look right past the sticky threads just by habit because I want to get to the new posts. I would say let it float on it's own for a day and then maybe make it a sticky. I will bump it up so it stays on the first page.

I appreciate the sentiment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    That could be good or it could be bad.
    Yup. Done.

I did not know this. I just joined.

Just dropped my $12.50