Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reds playing good baseball in San Diego. NL Central race could be pretty interesting this season if Pittsburgh and Cincy keep up the elite pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    Reds playing good baseball in San Diego. NL Central race could be pretty interesting this season if Pittsburgh and Cincy keep up the elite pitching.
    The Reds are going to hit. Being only a handful of games back with the horrific start by the bats is encouraging. I think the pitching is not a mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Porkopolis View Post
    The Reds are going to hit. Being only a handful of games back with the horrific start by the bats is encouraging. I think the pitching is not a mirage.
    Castillo is the real deal. Several of the Padres, including Machado, left the plate after he K’d them last night smiling at him because they had no chance. He has some nasty stuff. Unreal change up and then comes back 98 on next pitch.

The good news is that if the Reds make the World Series, we know they're totally going to dominate the Astros!

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The good news is that if the Reds make the World Series, we know they're totally going to dominate the Astros!
    Being 4 games under .500 and having a +41 run differential is kind of wild. The Braves are +40 in run differential and are 12 games over .500. I'm not saying the Reds are good, but they're better than their record.

Slightly OT but the Rockies and the Padres scored 92 runs in their last series.
    Last edited by bobbiemcgee; 06-19-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    2023 Sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Being 4 games under .500 and having a +41 run differential is kind of wild. The Braves are +40 in run differential and are 12 games over .500. I'm not saying the Reds are good, but they're better than their record.
    They've won several blowouts and lost numerous 1-run games. The Texas series is a perfect example of how run differential can sometimes be misleading. The Reds outscored the Rangers by 1 in the series but lost 2 out of 3. That has happened quite a bit with this team.

If the reds can go 3-2 or 4-1 over the next five, the nine game homestand coming up with Chicago and Milwaukee will be a lot of fun.

That Senzel kid is a keeper!
    Veritas vos Liberabit

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I think that's a fair statement. The Reds have lost a lot of games by one or two runs this year. They won all three games against Houston by a run. So maybe the law of averages is starting to kick in.