Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kobe Bryant has died.

Apparently killed in a helicopter crash in California.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

That's crazy. Way too young. I'm never getting in a helicopter unless it's a life flight type situation.

Sad day.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Apparently he used to commute to work from Newport Beach to Staples Center via his own Sikorsky on a regular basis. Just like going to the grocery store for us, life is always a risk. Never take it for granted.

Surreal truly, especially after seeing him hugging LeBron after he passed him on the scoring list last year, even more painful his daughter was with him, and the other players/parents on the helicopter as well. Sad day

Man, in thinking of that family, the most devastating part has to be the loss of the 13 year old daughter. We're all wired to see our parents and spouses die. It's sad, but we can deal with it. Most of us see our parents die. 50% of us see our spouses die. But we're not wired for the loss of the 13 year-old. Parents should not have to deal with their kids dying. Siblings are not wired to see their big sis go at that age. That has just got to be so crushing.

It's been hard for me to think about much of anything else the last 24 hours other than this story, his daughter, his legacy and the other families involved. Quite honestly I was half watching the X game yesterday and half absolutely stunned and heartbroken. This morning the reality of the situation and tragedy really set in. If you are a fan of basketball Kobe Bryant has played a big part in your life. His love for his daughter and the passion they shared together makes this nothing short of cruel and crushing. Never thought I'd cry over the death of someone I never met before, but there I was yesterday and into today. One of the worst moments in pro sports history. What a tragedy for all of those involved.
    Run the table.

It's really just tragic no matter how you look at it. Not only for those affected by Bryant and his daughter's deaths, but for the families of the other passengers. It just makes you sick.

Someone posted this on Facebook yesterday - interesting article about his Catholic faith.

https://www.thecatholictelegraph.com...ic-faith/62907

There have been hundreds of articles and stories people have been telling over the last few days. I believe this is the best very quick story I have heard so far.

https://twitter.com/michaeleaves/sta...495633408?s=20
    Run the table.

I'm a Lakers hater, so I was never a Kobe fan (in fact, I actively rooted against him in every game he ever played). Thus, his death certainly hasn't hit me as hard as it has others. However, the story in this tweet. Wow, everyone is complicated, but Kobe was certainly capable of doing some really great things.

https://twitter.com/truemira/status/...662004226?s=20