Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier vs. Villanova (February 24, 2019)

VS.

Xavier University Musketeers (14-13, 6-8 BE) vs. #17/16 Villanova Wildcats (20-7, 11-3 BE)
    Sunday February 24, 2019 1:30 PM ET
    Cintas Center (10,224) Cincinnati, OH

Live Chat

Notes and Stats

Television: CBS, including Local 12 in Cincinnati, with play-by-play from Andrew Catalon and analysis from Steve Lappas.
    Xavier Radio: 55KRC-AM, including via iHeart Radio, TuneIn and via Sirius (98), XM (201) and Internet (964) with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman ('79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin ('88).

Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com. Fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Our house.
    Keep TO's <10.
    Win this damn thing.

...and Snipe will release the Kraken.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Both squads in some throwback uniforms too, hopefully our guys can play a good clean, mistake free game. Agree with Paul's assessment, keep the turnovers down and we definitely could win this thing. Keep giving me irrational hope guys, I love it.

Freshman
    Nova will extend win streak to 4. Lets finish season with a 16 game win streak

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Our house.
    Keep TO's <10.
    Win this damn thing.

...and Snipe will release the Kraken.
    I like your style.

Please allow me to add one thought: may the God's throw a wet blanket on Nova's ability to hit from behind the arc tomorrow. May they remember what Nova seemingly did to us last year from there, and simply say "you shottith your waddith last year, you shall clankith against the rim in the Queen City this year."

Sorry, but I'm not up on my pagan God-speak. Let's go with something like that.
    X A V I E R

Vegas says Nova by 5.5. We can handle that.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    I like your style.

Please allow me to add one thought: may the God's throw a wet blanket on Nova's ability to hit from behind the arc tomorrow. May they remember what Nova seemingly did to us last year from there, and simply say "you shottith your waddith last year, you shall clankith against the rim in the Queen City this year."

Sorry, but I'm not up on my pagan God-speak. Let's go with something like that.
    I’ve noticed you’ve been absent from class for a while, but I think that was passable, considering....
    Last edited by xu82; 02-23-2019 at 08:00 PM.

Gillespie must not be allowed to do what he did in Philly. His 6 of 10 from deep was the difference. He's cold of late (8 of 34). Got to be able to fight through those ball screens and hurry his shot. No reason a 6' non athletic, one dimensional guy should be able to burn us again.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I’ve noticed you’ve been absent from class for a while, but I think that was passable, considering....
    I should have taken Latin more seriously.
    X A V I E R

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I feel good about tomorrow.

Bad thing is I have been optimistic every time we play Nova and we always get crushed. Steele has been winning places though that
    Mack struggled to so let’s continue that trend!
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17