Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yes I saw this as well. It’s weird.

I think I’m leaning towards YouTube tv only issue is it doesn’t have about 2 or 3 channels my wife likes.
    Lifetime?

I'm trialing Hulu and went out and bought the Roku streaming adapter. So far, so good.

Im going to have an issue with not having CBS.......the Masters.....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post

ESPN usually has Friday and Saturday Masters. For CBS main channel are you too far away from the city to just hook an HD antenna into the coax jack? That’s what I do for all local channels and it comes in great. Just have to change the input and spend $19 on an antenna.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    ESPN usually has Friday and Saturday Masters. For CBS main channel are you too far away from the city to just hook an HD antenna into the coax jack? That’s what I do for all local channels and it comes in great. Just have to change the input and spend $19 on an antenna.
    No I'm good and I can do that....just the hassle of switching it

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Yes I saw this as well. It’s weird.

I think I’m leaning towards YouTube tv only issue is it doesn’t have about 2 or 3 channels my wife likes.
    YouTube TV looks interesting. However, neither Hulu nor YouTube have Hallmark Channel. That’s probably a deal breaker for my wife.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    Lifetime?

I'm trialing Hulu and went out and bought the Roku streaming adapter. So far, so good.

Yeah I think lifetime is one. I think that’s the one the Duggar’s with their 1,000 kids are on. Also I don’t think it has TLC or food network. Or maybe it is HGTV?

She’s just happy though I’m finally on board with cutting the cord as well. Always been reluctant to do so because of sports. But looks like I can get most anyway. Just will be out of luck with NFL ticket for Giants games.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I'm curious - what do you guys use for an internet connection? I have Cincinnati Bell (not Fioptics - it isn't available in my area) and it is too slow to reliably stream video from any of these services/sites.
    I have Fioptics 600 Mbps. We can get up to 1GB but my current speed is plenty. I can stream 4K no problem and run pretty much every device I have. But I was able to run all of the major streaming services on a 200 Mbps setup pretty decently.

I only have 50mbps. But I read youtube tv says for high def you only need 13mbps to run multiple devices while watching high def, so hoping I would be ok.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Thanks for all the contributions to this thread as I desperately want to do away with cable, but any change is my all too sedentary life is scary....creatures of habit, comfort and convenience for sure. I am ignorantly unschooled in these matters. Your help and reassurances are helpful in my process toward making these important changes in my life.

My home might be crumbling around me, my car running with band-aids and rubber bands, my family completely dysfunctional, my job a daily soul-sucking endeavor and my personal life a lesson in the evils and consequences of the seven deadly sins.....but if I could get this one thing right....
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

We went with YouTube TV - all the sports channels I need, no contract $40 per month. YouTube TV, Netflix & HD antenna gives us all we need and more. Also, our local library is stocked with DVDs, including new releases and BluRay.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Well my first cost saving step is complete. Got Cincinnati bell to cut my bill by $18.20/month for the next 12 months while also going for 50 mbps to 500 mbps. Just told them I was going to spectrum if the couldn’t match their promotion for new customers. Only thing I didn’t get was 24 months that I could have got from spectrum but I am getting more mbps and don’t have to hassle with switching and paying the service fee etc.