Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sophomore
    Pay $180 for cable and internet through Xfinity (without any movie channels or anything special), which is just way too much for me as somebody still in school. I used to pay $140 and didn’t even get HD channels. Thinking about cutting the cord this month. I’ve had free trials to both Hulu Live and YouTube TV. Also have a friend with PS Vue. Would also appreciate some feedback on everything. Let’s say something like the Super Bowl, or Every March madness game, I’d be able to get them on any of the subscriptions I think? Live sports is really the only thing I can’t miss out on.

I have tried PS Vue, Sling, fubo, and youtube tv. By far the best overall was youtube. If you like soccer or Spanish language programming at all, fubo is amazing. PS Vue was good but only in 720p. Sling is iffy. All in all I would recommend Youtube. I get my cable for free right now, but if I have to pay again Youtube is where I will head.

I'm curious - what do you guys use for an internet connection? I have Cincinnati Bell (not Fioptics - it isn't available in my area) and it is too slow to reliably stream video from any of these services/sites.

Cutting the Cord

I’ve got FiOptics from Bell, but the fastest service I can get is 30Mbps down and 3 up. I’m paying just over $150 for phone, TV, and Internet. It’s just my wife and I, so we don’t stream much other than The Grand Tour on my Apple TV and Amazon Prime.

I’ve thought about cutting the cord, but don’t like the idea of having to figure out which service has the program I want to watch since I haven’t found one that covers everything. I like knowing I just have to scroll the channel listing from FiOptics. That has value to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

So any idea on how to get Hulu Live TV on your Smart TV? I have access to recorded shows via the app on my TV but cant access Live TV? I paid for the upgraded service ($40.00/mth) and logged on and back into my account.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Pay $180 for cable and internet through Xfinity (without any movie channels or anything special), which is just way too much for me as somebody still in school. I used to pay $140 and didn’t even get HD channels. Thinking about cutting the cord this month. I’ve had free trials to both Hulu Live and YouTube TV. Also have a friend with PS Vue. Would also appreciate some feedback on everything. Let’s say something like the Super Bowl, or Every March madness game, I’d be able to get them on any of the subscriptions I think? Live sports is really the only thing I can’t miss out on.
    I have Hulu and can watch every Xavier game, NCAA tournament game, Super Bowl etc. I get ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, at least in my area, not sure about other areas. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the user interface. I can watch Hulu (live tv) on my phone, desktop, laptop, big screen TV, etc. Basically anywhere I go, I can connect and watch.

If YouTube TV was available in my area, I'd probably subscribe to it, but Hulu has been just fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I have Hulu and can watch every Xavier game, NCAA tournament game, Super Bowl etc. I get ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC, at least in my area, not sure about other areas. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the user interface. I can watch Hulu (live tv) on my phone, desktop, laptop, big screen TV, etc. Basically anywhere I go, I can connect and watch.

If YouTube TV was available in my area, I'd probably subscribe to it, but Hulu has been just fine for me.
    Just checked the Hulu website and it looks like CBS is not available in Greater Cincinnati. Wonder why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

just get youtube tv and quit thinking about any of the other options. It is by far the best.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XUOWNSUC View Post
    I'm curious - what do you guys use for an internet connection? I have Cincinnati Bell (not Fioptics - it isn't available in my area) and it is too slow to reliably stream video from any of these services/sites.
    Interesting that isn’t something I even thought about. I have Cincinnati bell too. Not sure which level. I stream Netflix with no issue on my TV. Will it be an issue with one of these streaming services? Someone told me to buy some device, he linked it to me, to run and Ethernet right to my tv instead of wireless.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    Just checked the Hulu website and it looks like CBS is not available in Greater Cincinnati. Wonder why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I saw this as well. It’s weird.

I think I’m leaning towards YouTube tv only issue is it doesn’t have about 2 or 3 channels my wife likes.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17