• NIT IS FOR DAYTON AND LESSER SCHOOLS

18 21.69%
  • THIS YEAR ONLY

36 43.37%
  • ANY X BASKETBALL IS GOOD 🏀

17 20.48%
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Would you be happy with a nit bid?

I have a buddy who is insistent on not playing in the NIT. Nobody wants to play in the NIT other then VD. But given how this year started I think a NIT bid says a lot. Of course this is only if they don’t make the dance which we all want first. So with that said are you okay with a NIT bid this year or are we too big time(my friends view) to be in it.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

All-Conference
    No.

Hmmmm.....I think any chance for Steele to continue to work with this team in real games is something that can't be underestimated. I think you take the NIT if that is what is offered, but maybe not do any of those other CBI/CIT things if it comes to that. Right now, just win and get in.
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Should have voted this year only instead of "Hell yeah". But my real reaction was "Hell yeah! But this year only". So I guess I'm a hybrid!

Supporting Member
    Only reason I would be somewhat ok with it, is because it would give Steele more time to develop as a head coach.

Junior
    Making the tournament is a bare minimum expectation. I wouldn't be happy with NIT.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    I wouldn't be happy (as a general rule) but we are in no way too big time to play in the NIT. UK played in the NIT a few years ago.

I voted any X basketball is good basketball. Giving Steele more time to develop as a coach, especially in a tournament scenario is good in my book.

I would be pleasantly surprised at getting into the NIT this year given how the season was going but in general I am not happy with making the NIT as the NCAA is always the expectation.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

I voted for the comic relief and factual second option, due to the NIT and VD being so right for each other.

In reality, as has been stated - THIS YEAR ONLY - because:

1. More development time for Steele.

2. More development time for the remaining players.

3. Whichever teams we go up against in New York (why not assume F4 and championship game), we can provide them personal tours of MSG due to our familiarity with the place.

Seriously, the fact that we can even have a thread like this speaks to the resiliency of this team and coaching staff. Sunday looms huge.
    X A V I E R

A chance for our young coach and younger players to get more games in? Yes please. A chance for Zach, Kyle, and Ryan to have a chance at Post season play in their final seasons? Of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

For the record you can turn it down under one condition.

When asked if teams were obligated to play in the NIT, Newton said, "Yeah. Unless they let you know (otherwise at the beginning of the season
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield