Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
    Sophomore

The bubble is weak

So let’s say we go 3-1 these last four with a win vs Nova. Going into the BET we would be (I believe) 6-8 vs the top 64 NET teams. 17-14. If we get two wins, one of which over Marquette, but lose in the finals and finish 19-15, what are the chances we get in?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    So let’s say we go 3-1 these last four with a win vs Nova. Going into the BET we would be (I believe) 6-8 vs the top 64 NET teams. 17-14. If we get two wins, one of which over Marquette, but lose in the finals and finish 19-15, what are the chances we get in?
    Obviously I dont know for sure, but the fact x beat absolutely no one in the non con and the big east is down a little makes me think we would have to win out in the regular season and win two games in the bet to get in.

We were something like #94 in the NET rankings going into last night. Not sure if it's possible to get that into a place where we have a good bubble case.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Obviously I dont know for sure, but the fact x beat absolutely no one in the non con and the big east is down a little makes me think we would have to win out in the regular season and win two games in the bet to get in.
    A Wisconsin win would’ve gone a long way right now. Hell even Auburn we really could/should have won. Disappointing for sure.

All-Conference
    Our resume is abysmal. We won't get at-large consideration.

On the bright side, it makes the BE Tourney much more interesting this year.

Supporting Member
    New rankings are out and x is now 89. Of the 4 remaining games, 3 of them are quad 1 potential wins. Hypothetically we win the remaining 4, I would have to think that puts x somewhere in the 50s or 60s...gets x at least on the bubble.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    Our resume is abysmal. We won't get at-large consideration.

On the bright side, it makes the BE Tourney much more interesting this year.
    I agree that right now it is, but we win the remaining 4 games, that's 3 quad 1 wins...4 total. The teams that are on the bubble I'm not sure have better resumes than that.

For example, take a look at clemson...they are on the bubble right now and if x beats villanova, their resumes are about the same.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-21-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Junior
    I think Xavier can afford one more loss. Win out and lose in the BE championship is possible play in game material. Lose before BE tournament and have to win it anyways.

If nothing else, this little streak has us back in NIT contention. Normally, I wouldn't care, but if we can't find a way into the Dance, I think playing another game (or 5) would be good for this team.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    I think Xavier can afford one more loss. Win out and lose in the BE championship is possible play in game material. Lose before BE tournament and have to win it anyways.
    I’m probably in this boat. While I can see a loss at SJU and loss in the BET final and certain dominos falling to an at large, I’d rather just win the next 7. Then win the next 6 after that.