Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turnovers

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by IM4X View Post
    I too have stated early in the season that this team has enough talent to beat any BE team simply by making a few less careless turnovers and taking a few less bad shots.

Some of these turnovers are SO EASY to fix.

Last night (towards the end of the game) Q had the ball at the top of the key and was looking for help. Instead of taking a quick few steps toward Q to create a little separation from the player guarding him, Castlin simply stays where he is and puts his hand up. Q, not seeing any other options, throws the ball and the defender (not being lazy like Castlin) jumps in front, stealing it and taking it for an easy bucket. Though Q gets the TO, it really is on Castlin.

Steele needs to show his players that play again and then replay it again and then replay it again and say, “If anyone just stands around with their hand up, making a pass like this hard for a teammate, you are sitting. This type of play should NEVER happen and it may just be the type of bonehead, lazy decision that costs us a game. We have lost so many close games we should have won simply becasue of a few too many of these types of plays. Be aware. Make every pass easy for your teammate. Last night we should have beaten that team by at least 10... and becasue of our laziness, we almost lost the game. From now on, I expect every person out their on the floor to be playing their hardest and smartest every secoond on defense AND OFFENSE. We do that and we can’t beat anyone.”
    that play caused me to scream WHAT and my wife to get pissed and leave the room. The receiver is at least 40% responsible for the success of the pass and if you don't step in to throw AND receive the pass it is death. Throwing across your body is death..throwing one handed passes at crunch time is death.
    Last edited by whopper; 02-21-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Freshman
    Fatigue plays a part here but obviously not the only reason. The last 6 minutes in many of our games our guys are running out of gas. Physical fatigue turns to mental fatigue which in turn leans to lazy passes, lack of ball control and just plain bad judgement. Their legs are too tired to be shooting these 3's late in the game. Drive to the hole and find Jones, Hankins or take the short runner themselves and get to the line. 1 of 2 from the foul line is better than an airball 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    Fatigue plays a part here but obviously not the only reason. The last 6 minutes in many of our games our guys are running out of gas. Physical fatigue turns to mental fatigue which in turn leans to lazy passes, lack of ball control and just plain bad judgement. Their legs are too tired to be shooting these 3's late in the game. Drive to the hole and find Jones, Hankins or take the short runner themselves and get to the line. 1 of 2 from the foul line is better than an airball 3.
    Unfortunately we STARTED the 2nd half with 6 TOs..... in the first 4 mins it seemed like.....

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie4106 View Post
    Just going to leave this here. Great win last night BUT it shouldn't have been that close

Our Point Guard Q - 5 turnovers
    Our backup PG Scruggs - 4 Turnovers
    Our "Go To" guy Naji - 4 Turnovers

Been saying this all season - those 3 clean up their play and play to their potential and we can beat anybody.

At the end of the day a win is a win. These 3 take care of the ball we have a chance to win BIG every game IMO.
    I think if they could clean up the turnovers it would have happened by now. Maybe they are trying to fix something that they don't have the skills to fix and only experience will help.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hydmuskie View Post
    Unfortunately we STARTED the 2nd half with 6 TOs..... in the first 4 mins it seemed like.....
    We did have 6 in the first 6 1/2 mins. That was brutal.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Double Down View Post
    In the last 6 minutes of the game when Seton Hall was making their comeback both of their big men were in the game with 4 fouls. We made no attempt to work the ball inside which would seem to be the logical strategy. When the guards did manage to penetrate the middle there was nobody to pass to and it usually resulted in a turnover. Our guys seem to struggling to move without the ball to get open for a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    that play caused me to scream WHAT and my wife to get pissed and leave the room
    Last night’s game challenged last year’s FSU game for the most GD’s yelled within 10 minutes...

Watching X collapse is bad enough. Watching X collapse while the baby is screaming because you woke her up... which then woke your wife up who went to bed early because she had to get up at 5 AM for work the next morning... let’s just say the doghouse was chilly last night.

But we got the Tier 1 road win!

They weren't too gassed to not have a jumping up and down locker room celebration.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by xuwin View Post
    I think if they could clean up the turnovers it would have happened by now. Maybe they are trying to fix something that they don't have the skills to fix and only experience will help.
    I can recall at least one game where they didn't have double digit turnovers. So it IS possible.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    lol the "trend" towards between the legs dribbling? what is this 1975?
    LOL! The man is keeping me down so Public Reps. 😂