Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMMFD View Post
    https://twitter.com/KeonteKennedy/st...26701967515648
    Looks like he posted it himself too, pretty weird, wonder where he'll end up, I'm still thinking Texas somewhere, wonder if the Big 12 or other Texas schools want to take a flier on him. Could definitely see him end up somewhere like SMU where he could compete for time if he wants to be close to home as well. Strange stuff.
    kid and/or his parents have issues.......come on.....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    kid and/or his parents have issues.......come on.....
    Oh no, I get that, I was saying if the Texas schools at the top (Texas Tech, Texas, etc.) or the other ones close to home like maybe Oklahoma, Okie State think he's talented enough to earn minutes, I mean yes they were personal reasons, and I get people have issues but I'm sure he'd like to play too, the move to TCU made me think he also wanted to be closer to home. If there's something going on that you want to be closer to home, maybe a SMU or even a pretty decent Houston team who don't have as many heralded recruits would seem like a better option to earn some playing time, and contribute that way. He's an athlete competing at the Division I level, none of those guys across the country want to ride the bench, playing time could contribute to his happiness and he has the 3 ball ability which has to be enticing.

Lets be real about KK. He's transferring because he didnt play, and he wont play at XU.

there are 3 types of (non-graduate) transfers:
    -Guys that play ABOVE their current situation, and move UP to a better program (CJ, StainTrain, Jamel)
    -Guys that Transfer to an equivalent situation because of NON-PT and NON-PERFORMACE related issues (Thornton, Drew, Crawford)
    -Guys that arent performing at their current situation, and as a result transfer DOWN to a situation where they might play more (Walsh, Wolf, Graves, London, this list goes on and on)

Is there REALLY any question which grouping KK is in?

The idea that someone might speculate that he could end up at OU or UT or OSU seems crazy to me. That wont work out for anyone.

This whole thing just seems WAY too weird. I mean, OK transferring from X... whatever... didn't get much playing time which probably means the effort wasn't there in practice (cuz it's not like we had an abundance of reliable outside shooting for the whole year)... and on top of that there's some incoming talent that by early indication would appear to leapfrog any time he would have gotten next year otherwise. But then decommitting from TCU before a class or practice? Did TCU find something out about him that made THEM pull away? Did KK leave Xavier's campus and not finish the semester? Did he essentially get kicked out of Xavier for something that happened and the polite thing to say is that he left for "personal reasons" instead of implicating him in anything which may be some sort of violation of privacy? IDK... I'm just spitballing... it just seems like such a strange series of events. Maybe he's just getting conflicting advise from people around him. I hope that's what it is and he can figure out a good path for himself in the end.
    I have complete faith in coach Steele and Co.

Sophomore
    FWIW, keonte got significantly overrecruited at TCU within the month of his signing there. They got both another traditional transfer and a late top 75 signing at his position

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    FWIW, keonte got significantly overrecruited at TCU within the month of his signing there. They got both another traditional transfer and a late top 75 signing at his position
    If that's the case, I'm guessing the TCU staff came to him and said, "Keonte, we really like you, but........."

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    i was shocked tcu signed him in the first place. im not trying to be insensitive, but he's just not a high major player

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    i was shocked tcu signed him in the first place. im not trying to be insensitive, but he's just not a high major player
    So was I. You see that Elias ended up at Jacksonville state (I think) and KK ends up at another high major school... one guy has more self-awareness than the other, though I do think Eli could’ve been a nice two year starter at a step up from where he landed. A decent mid major.

Quote Originally Posted by surfxu View Post
    This whole thing just seems WAY too weird.

it just seems like such a strange series of events. Maybe he's just getting conflicting advise from people around him. I hope that's what it is and he can figure out a good path for himself in the end.
    Very weird for sure. At the beginning of the year, he was first person off bench to cheer on the players playing when timeouts were called. The last couple of games with team, not so much as his body language dramatically changed. Was this due to playing time or something else? Who knows. This guy didn’t get this much chatter when he played here. Like you, wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MHettel View Post
    Lets be real about KK. He's transferring because he didnt play, and he wont play at XU.
    Let's be clear. He transferred because there can only be one KK on a team at a time.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.