Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    COLLUSION on full display and in plain sight. The WCC desperate to avoid 1 bid league is shameless as SMC destroyed #1 Gonzaga 60-47.....FORTY SEVEN?!!
    Last edited by Xuperman; 03-13-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Isn't 47 about how much the zags beat St. Mary's by this year?
    We've come a long way since my bench seat at the Fieldhouse!

Beat them 94-46 not long ago. The WCC has no exposure and even less money. Mark Few had his boys take this game off because another WCC Tourney banner would only be useful in the men's room. This joke of an effort can realistically cost the Big East an at large.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Honestly should look into collusion or the fact that Mark Few was high last night. The nations highest scoring team goes for 47? Seriously?

Fact: Zags knew they’d be guaranteed a #1 seed no matter what happened.
    Fact: Gonzaga beat SMC by 48 and then 14 points during the regular season.
    Fact: The WCC would look weak to only have one team in the tournament.
    Fact: I just now realize I sound like a jealous fan of a perennial bubble team, whining about other teams who don’t deserve to dance.
    Fact: I miss being the spoiled fan who doesn’t have to worry about this bubble crap.
    Last edited by IM4X; 03-13-2019 at 08:37 AM.

Was this Gonzaga’s way to say St Mary’s won’t get screwed this year? 2017-18 team went 30-4 and didn’t receive a NCAA bid. Hmmm

One bid is worth a minimum of about $5M, so duh.
    Last edited by waggy; 03-13-2019 at 10:13 AM.

Gonzaga was the #1 overall seed going into this game which would mean they would have played close to home for pretty much all games prior to the Final 4.

Now, they will be bumped down to the 3rd or 4th spot.............risking some of a home court advantage. Gonzaga fans travel pretty well..........but geesh what a sacrifice to make for your conference brother

I don't think they've cost themselves any travel. Last night didn't change the fact that the West is still an abject disaster this year, so Gonzaga will still get to stay close to home. The only two rivals in the West are Nevada and Washington, neither of which are anywhere close to overtaking Gonzaga.

Looking at this again reminds me of how geographically illiterate I generally am when it comes to the West. Gonzaga's "close to home" route to the Final Four will take them to Salt Lake and Anaheim, which are a combined 2,000 miles from Spokane. It would be like Xavier being rewarded with "close to home" sites in Boston and Houston.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 03-13-2019 at 10:22 AM.

Remember Xavier smoking #1 St. Joe's after losing twice in the regular season (obviously)? Probably had some raised eyebrows that day.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.