Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drudy23 View Post
    St Johns will be dancing. They're athletic enough to make the Final Four and dumb enough to lose game one.
    IDK, if we beat them twice (very possible) and they finish 8-10, lose their BET game, they’re as bubbly as Richard Simmons. However, I think we can all agree that sweeping Buck Futler to dash their hopes of dancing would be satisfying enough!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    IDK, if we beat them twice (very possible) and they finish 8-10, lose their BET game, they’re as bubbly as Richard Simmons. However, I think we can all agree that sweeping Buck Futler to dash their hopes of dancing would be satisfying enough!
    But when comparing bubble teams none will be able to compare to St. Johns 3 wins over Marquette and Nova.

I think when it comes down to the bubble teams the committee is usually more favorable to what good teams did you show you cant beat than what bad teams did you show you could lose to.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

But what if you're Indiana and beat Marquette, Louisville and Michigan State (in East Lansing) but have lost 10 of 11?

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    But what if you're Indiana and beat Marquette, Louisville and Michigan State (in East Lansing) but have lost 10 of 11?
    Good point. I think it is a balance.

IU is still in Lunardi's bracket as of Friday hilariously enough.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    But when comparing bubble teams none will be able to compare to St. Johns 3 wins over Marquette and Nova.

I think when it comes down to the bubble teams the committee is usually more favorable to what good teams did you show you cant beat than what bad teams did you show you could lose to.
    My scenario is very narrow. St. Johns missing the cut is highly unlikely BUT if they finish 1-6 with two losses to X, coupled with earlier losses to DU and GU, it’s code brown for them on selection Sunday. Their non con schedule will do them no favors and their biggest wins are in conference. They need for both Nova and Marquette to stay top 20 regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    My thoughts: it's a stupid thought.
    I agree 100 percent, and haven nothing else to add.
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Sophomore
    My scenario is very narrow. St. Johns missing the cut is highly unlikely BUT if they finish 1-6 with two losses to X, coupled with earlier losses to DU and GU, it’s code brown for them on selection Sunday. Their non con schedule will do them no favors and their biggest wins are in conference. They need for both Nova and Marquette to stay top 20 regardless.
    I have SJU finishing 3rd in the conference at 11-7 (winning v. XU, L @ XU, W v. Hall, W @ Providence, W @ DePaul.) I think worst case scenario in that stretch they go 3-2.

My conference predictions as of today:
    Nova 15-3
    Marquette 15-3
    SJU 11-7
    Hall 9-9
    Xavier 8-10
    Butler 7-11
    Creighton 7-11
    DePaul 7-11
    Gtown 6-12
    Providence 5-13

I'm not sure beating them twice is possible. They may jump our careless passing routes to the tune of about 30 turnovers. They are not a good matchup for us.

All-Conference
    Not sure how rational thinking has us beating them twice. Yes, it's possible, but the opposite is most likely if you were to look at probabilities.

Rational thinking can lead one to believe they’re not that great based on their body of work. They barely got by some weak competition early on, got monkey stomped by Duke and dismantled at MSG by a PC team that we just dominated. They’re a collection of 6’5” street ballers with questionable coaching and no bench. If we can just maintain the recent 3 ball % and intensity on defense.....get somewhere close to the 32/18 we got out of our bigs on Saturday, we win both.
    Last edited by Xuperman; 02-18-2019 at 11:34 AM.