Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by profson View Post
    Thanks for this. Just reactivated.
    Mods: Strongly suggest you program a reminder to be sent to Supporting Members two weeks (and one week) before expiration, and include the above steps, so as to push those (like me) who don't closely monitor subscription status or have 10 technical thumbs. The PayPal explanation is particularly useful as otherwise interested persons may get discouraged.
    Another suggestion: in order to spur participation, put something on the home page (with a link) encouraging Supporting Member status and the modest price.
    Not sure if I hit some additional setting when initially subscribing but I get prompted to renew my subscription. Got an email from XavierHoops the other day, clicked through, and Re-upped. Go X!!!!

Yikes! My name changed color.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    I've noticed a lot of Gold names have turned black. Please help Muskie out and shell out the $12 for your yearly subscription!
    Thanks, as always, for the reminder!

Flats is back

Really, I'm a supporting member. Muskie just won't change the color of my name.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Really, I'm a supporting member. Muskie just won't change the color of my name.
    Thanks for the reminder Paul. Paypal is our friend. Done.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by muskienick View Post
    I'm sure that all the supporting members would re-up their status when the year passes but, frankly, I (for one) don't keep track of when I last paid my dues. It's certainly worth the $12 if only to await MOR's and 87's conversion to the Green Party!
    Uh, ain't happening. But...you never know when I'll go delusional.

But I am renewed...and early. Went for the paid site for a year too, but not renewing. Snow gets snippy and I really never found out anything new that I hadn't been able to get somewhere else. Broering never unblocked his tweets for me and honestly, I just don't put much stock in star ratings on recruits. Neither of those guys ever want to say anything that may be taken as coach critique, because they want to not lose their "sources".
    When some kid is ready to come to XU then I'll start paying attention, but so much over there is speculation and they never go on a limb. Just a lot of "the visit went well, he may pull the trigger now, but there's nothing that says he will" stuff.
    Last edited by Masterofreality; 03-12-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Maybe he should put up a reasonably good number for "lifetime" membership and see what happens?
    He could rake it in early but suffer late as the revenue stream dries up. Social media is killing sites like this. The game is mostly on the Twitter. Long term it threatens the existional viability of the site.

What do you think the median age is for regular posters here?. I bet the target demographic of regular is skewing older. We still have some young guns, but less feeding in than before. Lots of oldies though

That is not addressing the Speech Police. In 2016 he had to start censoring and limiting speech because Donald Trump was elected. That was a first for this forum. I know this first hand because my threads were locked up and shut down. Donald Trump won in what is for Republicans an electoral landslide. County but County it was 2626 to 487. In 2016 it became unacceptable to Support The President of the United States on Xavierhoops. Yeah , it chapped my ass I guess because I am still talking about it?
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    What do you think the median age is for regular posters here?.
    A lot younger than me.

A lot younger than me.
    Me, too. I work with a recent X grad who was a scholarship athlete (not basketball) but is friends with a few of the players from a few years ago. He, and they, only follow the team via Twitter. No forums or other social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.