Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Well I wasn’t going by stats I was just going buy what I have seen and Cooley can flat out coach. Offensive defensive doesn’t matter he flat out wins. Unfortunately not in the dance.
    Ha well pretty much every time I watch them I come away thinking they're much worse on offense than they should be and the stats seem to bear that out. I don't think he's a bad coach, but I get put off by the fawning praise. people talk about him like he's john wooden

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Ha well pretty much every time I watch them I come away thinking they're much worse on offense than they should be and the stats seem to bear that out. I don't think he's a bad coach, but I get put off by the fawning praise. people talk about him like he's john wooden
    I do agree that Cooley gets a lot of praise for not the most amazing of records, kind of crazy that with Kris Dunn he only won 1 game in the NCAA Tournament, but I think he's not a bad coach by any means either. I think a lot of it has to do with how personable, and well kept he is. It's pretty hard to hate him, and I feel that way about a lot of our Big East opponent coaches. I think he has a great demeanor, and that leads to more favorable views of him.

My totally unqualified observations:
    1. Bottle up whatever Steele said at halftime. Team came out with steam coming out of their ears.
    2. Way too many TO's especially late. Errant passes that just had NO CHANCE of being successful. Take care of the ball we win by 30.
    3. Still have trouble with the press. Turn and drive the ball up court quickly (don't get trapped) or call a time out.
    4. We made mistakes but they were "errors of enthusiasm", just giving it our all in that second half.
    5. Put together this effort for 40 minutes the rest of the season and see where we're at.
    2023 Sweet 16

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by SC in DC View Post
    Gottlieb is the tool that went on ESPN radio after Nova lost by 100 or so to Oklahoma in an airplane hanger and just ranted and raved about the BE and how it didn't compare to the B12 and how Nova was so over-rated cuz they played in the BE. After Nova won the National Championship that yr by crushing Oklahoma and beating Kansas, I don't remember him saying too much good about the BE, He is a TOOL!
    Think about what you just wrote. He was on ESPN, where all their people are paid to talk down the BE. Gottlieb is with FOX now. He's on our side. Even if he is being paid to be on our side.

Sophomore
    I was at game and watched warm ups. I was pleased that Welage only practices 3s and runners in lane with each hand and if he misses is almost life a golfer at a putting range trying to read the green and why he missed. Again, not a world beater but I like his attitude as an old school basketball person. This may benefit us as we finish the season and go to MSG.

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JTG View Post
    Think about what you just wrote. He was on ESPN, where all their people are paid to talk down the BE. Gottlieb is with FOX now. He's on our side. Even if he is being paid to be on our side.
    Gottlieb left ESPN in 2012, so he wasnt with ESPN.

Gottlieb is horrible on twitter. He is like the hot takes that no one agrees with guy just to drum up comments and attention. He is very anti player when it comes to NCAA and players.

I think he is better/more tolerable as an analyst on TV than he is on twitter or his radio show, but he is pretty bad all things considered.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Gottlieb left ESPN in 2012, so he wasnt with ESPN.

Gottlieb is horrible on twitter. He is like the hot takes that no one agrees with guy just to drum up comments and attention. He is very anti player when it comes to NCAA and players.

I think he is better/more tolerable as an analyst on TV than he is on twitter or his radio show, but he is pretty bad all things considered.
    Gottlieb having a job and getting paid to do any kind of college basketball analysis is amazing. The guy offers next to nothing yet he keeps fooling someone enough to get paid.....

One of my hottest takes is that I actually don't hate him as an analyst.
    Run the table.

Was at the game Saturday and wow what a second half. This is my 6th year ( I believe) in a row for an X PC game at the Dunk and haven't experienced a great win like that there yet. Nice support from X fans as well!
    Run the table.

Didn’t want start a new thread, but looks like Kennedy is taking a leave from the team (per Shannon on Twitter)