Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    The Fox guy with Lavin said this is the game that made the team Steele's.
    Or, he made his bones.
    Or some damn thing I don't remember.
    (there is a downside to too much bourbon)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    The Fox guy with Lavin said this is the game that made the team Steele's.
    Or, he made his bones.
    Or some damn thing I don't remember.
    (there is a downside to too much bourbon)
    That Fox guy was a former OSU Cowboy and credit card thief.

But he made a good point!
    Last edited by xudash; 02-16-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    That Fox guy was a former OSU Cowboy and credit card thief.

But he made a good point!
    I kinda hate it when things make me like him more. Does that make me a bad person? All I needed to hear was “credit card thief”, and I’m pretty certain despite having sped through the DVR. I pray he’s right about Steele. We need to be building and gaining momentum, even if it’s a bit late.
    Last edited by xu82; 02-16-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I kinda hate it when things make me like him more. Does that make me a bad person? All I needed to hear was “credit card thief”, and I’m pretty certain despite having sped through the DVR. I pray he’s right about Steele. We need to be building and gaining momentum, even if it’s a bit late.
    Eh I despise Gottlieb, I think he's an idiot, but I do agree in hoping he's right. I'm hoping that upbeat half time talk was a positive and got the guys to buy into Coach Steele. If they believe in the system, and believe in themselves, they'll play much better down the stretch. It would be a great time to go on a winning streak, would love to see them get #3 against Seton Hall. There was a lot more positivity at the end of this game than I've seen all season.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Disagree on Cooley. I think he is a hell of a coach who sucks in the dance. But reg season the guy gives X fits and he always does well it seems at MSG. I like Cooley a lot and I think he is an excellent
    Offensive minded coach
    Did you mean defensive minded? He usually is pretty good on defense, but he's a horrific offensive coach. They haven't been better than 100th in offensive efficiency in 3 years. That's really bad.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Q had a really good game. But he did not finish well at the rim. He was 5-11 overall, 2-4 from three, and 1-1 on dunks. That puts him at 2-6 on the other shots from the floor. I’m nitpicking here, but I just think that’s an area of his game that he needs to improve, and given his physical attributes, he should be able to improve upon.
    Good point. I meant he finished well by his standards. He went in under control, made some nice interior passes. It was an improvement and hopefully he keeps improving. The best thing he's doing is playing good defense. He's staying locked in all game and that's huge for us. Everyone takes their cue on defense from the point guard.

This was are best defensive effort of the year by far AND bonus points for it happening on the road. Q, Naj and Paul really put the clamps on their guards and never allowed them to get any rhythm. To be able to freeze up Diallo like that is one helluva feat. 2 for 10 from him is freakin’ crazy. Guy had scored double figs in every game but one!
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    Gottlieb is the tool that went on ESPN radio after Nova lost by 100 or so to Oklahoma in an airplane hanger and just ranted and raved about the BE and how it didn't compare to the B12 and how Nova was so over-rated cuz they played in the BE. After Nova won the National Championship that yr by crushing Oklahoma and beating Kansas, I don't remember him saying too much good about the BE, He is a TOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Did you mean defensive minded? He usually is pretty good on defense, but he's a horrific offensive coach. They haven't been better than 100th in offensive efficiency in 3 years. That's really bad.
    Well I wasn’t going by stats I was just going buy what I have seen and Cooley can flat out coach. Offensive defensive doesn’t matter he flat out wins. Unfortunately not in the dance.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Two in a row! And I ain't kiddin'.
    Pray the Rosary daily