Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Wait...what about the Mega Bus?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

All-Conference
    We don't have to win 3, we have to win 1. Just win baby.

And that’s not looking likely so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Have fun in NYC! Bring us home a championship!

Snipe in NYC !

(what could go wrong)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I wanted to thank our Seniors and the rest of our kids for this season. I love you kids, and Seniors, I would like to wish you the best of all possible worlds. You will always be welcomed back here. You are Xavier Men, and we are proud of you. Go out and make the world a better place.

I am bitter about the loss. I was sure we were going to take them. We led and controlled the game. Nova went on a late run, and being the defending National Champions and current league Champions, they are prone to runs.

It stung. Still not over it. Every season ends with a loss. I seem to remember all of them too well. Only 1 team gets to win. March is largely about dreams. Today, we were probably eliminated (hey! a 1% chance still happens 1 out of a 100!). It is the end of our season. Other teams were eliminated today and many more will be eliminated tomorrow on Selection Sunday. After next Thursday and Friday the field will be 32, and after next weekend the field will be 16. It is amazing how much effort is put forth to play past the next 7 days. Only 16 teams will do it.

I love our Seniors. It is their last go round and I wanted to personally thank them for their service.

It makes me emotional. It makes me irrational. I tried to drink the pain away. I passed out and went to bed and woke up and the replay was on FS1. It is 5:00 in the morning, the kids are asleep, and dad just drank some rum and is in the hotel lobby. It is not a pretty picture when I describe it factually. I could be a better dad, but alcohol is very useful in numbing the pain. I think we can all agree upon that. I gave up alcohol up for the entire year of 2018, and I now appreciate its medicinal qualities. Last years tournament loss without alcohol was the worst on record. I can't take that stuff sober. When these kids end their careers, it is a finality. It is a All in one goodbye, whether you like it our not.

So why am I talking about me in a post about our Seniors? Because I am an idiot.

We were so close. Many people thought that with one more win we would have been in the Big Dance. That is the hardest part of it. That is what it cost our seniors. They played their balls off and in the end they were one game away. It is life, it is reality, and it is fucking brutal. And I don't care for it. I know it will never be any other way, but it just rips me apart for those kids.

This hotel computer is timing out so I am just going to post this drunk ramblings without editing

I love Xavier. I love our kids. I lover our Seniors.

Thank You Seniors.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I made an appeal a month ago in this thread that no matter what, we have to go down swinging, because EVERY Xavier team goes down swinging. That appeal was answered In the affirmative. It was our best month of basketball. I loved watching you guys. We came together and were playing at a high level. Thank you for that. Thanks to all of the players.

I am so proud of you. You left it all on the floor. That is Xavier basketball. Extending the 37 year streak is also Xavier Basketball. You came so close, and that part hurts the most, and it probably should, but that doesn't make it any better right now.

Nobody will ever say you didn't go down swinging. God Bless you. You took the fight to the very end. I am proud to say that even when the entire nation gave up on you, the Xavier Nation was still selling out games during the rough patches. Social Media amplifies assholes with "hot takes", but the fans were always there for you, and we still are. My heart is with you tonight. You fought the good fight. You did your best. The fact that we were playing so well and were so close just makes it all the more emotional and bitter for it to end like this.

Keep your heads up high. You are Xavier Men. You went down swinging. You made us all proud. You are a credit to our University. You upheld a tradition that is 37 years old. You were beaten and kicked down on social media and the national press, but you still found a way to come together to play like one of the best teams in the nation during the last month. And you were and you actually are one of the best teams in the nation. Maybe you came together too late, can't worry bout that now. But you came together. And our team was tough as nails through the stretch.

I need to go back to bed. I love this team

Maybe I should say this:

I don't think we are in the NCAA. Yes, a 1% chance is still a chance, and we are playing like one of the best teams in the nation.

The NIT doesn't like to take teams like us anymore. We likely won't get an NIT bid either. I fear this really is the end, and that is why I thank you.

If this team is offered and NIT bid, I would hope and like that they accept it and treat it like a business trip. Lots of. teams go to the NIT and lose because they just aren't into the NIT. If we get invited to the NIT. We need to accept the indentation and then go full bore.
    Last edited by Snipe; 03-16-2019 at 05:14 AM.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Amen.

Xavier is a tournament team, just too late.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Supporting Member
    Next morning and this still effing sucks. If they had figured it out a week earlier, they are 20-13 and going to the dance and last night would not have sucked as much as it did.

Sophomore
    nice tribute and agree. Honestly, if we win last night we have 3 more games, 4 if a miracle sweet 16. We actually can have that many more games against very good teams in a single elimination enviornment. I hope we do and think that last night solidified that we belong..Imagine if it was a St John v Marquette showing..that could kill the NIT