Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by American X View Post
    Amen.

Xavier is a tournament team, just too late.
    We’re clearly one of the best 68 teams in the country right now. Sadly, I don’t think the committee cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

Top 30 baby!! I'm happy to see them play so great.
    Hope those frosh learn defense FAST!!

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    Top 30 baby!! I'm happy to see them play so great.
    Hope those frosh learn defense FAST!!
    Unfortunately right now that is one knock on tandy..his high school coach emphasized it for him this year, but he still needs to greatly improve in this area...hopefully he buys in quickly once on campus.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    We’re clearly one of the best 68 teams in the country right now. Sadly, I don’t think the committee cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With all of the automatic spots taken by league tourney winners, the top 68 never get in. But I still like it. I hate it when the #7-8 team out of the Big10 or ACC gets in and a team that wins 25 games in a “lesser” league gets left out because of a stumble in a league tourney. The kids should be rewarded, or punished, for what they accomplished over a whole year, not just what they did over a 3-4 day tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    With all of the automatic spots taken by league tourney winners, the top 68 never get in. But I still like it. I hate it when the #7-8 team out of the Big10 or ACC gets in and a team that wins 25 games in a “lesser” league gets left out because of a stumble in a league tourney. The kids should be rewarded, or punished, for what they accomplished over a whole year, not just what they did over a 3-4 day tourney.
    See, I'm kind of conflicted with that, granted it may being incredibly biased, but I feel like a team as hot as we were at the end should get a look, because we could win a game or two in the NCAAs. The statistics for the last 10 games or so are off the charts, and not many other teams were playing as good basketball as X was. It blows that we let 4 games or so slip outta our hands, otherwise we would be in, but the Big East having everybody go .500 or better is a testament to the level of programs in it, even in a down year. But then again, I see your point of a "lesser" team getting 25 wins deserving a chance. Imagine if Loyola didn't get into the tournament last year, and how many special runs we've seen from these types of teams, you can see how much it means to those guys to get an opportunity to play on college basketball's biggest stage.

This team would have punched someone in the face and gone to Sweet 16
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

It is St Patty’s Day in NYC!

#worstdadever
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

I just think that a team should NEVER be allowed into the NCAA tourney without having finished in the top 1/2 of their league. The mere fact that a team like ST. Johns is being considered is a joke.

Meanwhile, back to X!

I believe that X will go into the NIT with a chip on their shoulder and a desire to prove something. I’ll take 4-5 wins there over 1 in the NCAA tourney. I also think that will leave the returners wanting to prove something next year, and realizing that going to the NCAA tourney is not an automatic, but has to be earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    It is St Patty’s Day in NYC!

#worstdadever
    You are all I aspire to be as an adult one day.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    I just think that a team should NEVER be allowed into the NCAA tourney without having finished in the top 1/2 of their league. The mere fact that a team like ST. Johns is being considered is a joke.

Meanwhile, back to X!

I believe that X will go into the NIT with a chip on their shoulder and a desire to prove something. I’ll take 4-5 wins there over 1 in the NCAA tourney. I also think that will leave the returners wanting to prove something next year, and realizing that going to the NCAA tourney is not an automatic, but has to be earned.
    I agree, it's the first time in a while it seems like other than that one weird year that we went .500 in Big East play as well, but I think they're gonna be pretty pissed off that it was so close but so far. We are blessed with having a successful program, and one that always makes the NCAA Tournament. Coming in, I think we knew it was going to be a tough year, but really was a roller coaster I couldn't have imagined. I'm proud of the fight at the end, and I'm interested to see what our NIT pairings will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    This team would have punched someone in the face and gone to Sweet 16
    Absolutely