Thread: Tonight

Tonight

I have significantly lowered expectations for the balance of the year. That however does not mean that the team gets a pass on playing hard and doing all they can to get a W. I especially would like to see some type of adjustment and mindset defensively through the balance of the year. I can't take watching another game where we sit back and play this bend don't break defense. I want guys diving for loose balls. I want deflections. I want to see some of what Duke did to UL last night. Pressure the fucking ball, trap where we can. Please for the love of God, do anything other than what we have done the last 6 games. If we are going to lose, lose with some pride in knowing that we tried to make adjustments and played our asses off. I don't think that is asking for much.....

+1.5 tonight. Kind of surprised it's that small as Creighton has been playing a lot better than us (the 22-point shellacking I had the bad fortune of attending is pretty good evidence of that).

Freshman
    I think our fans need to get behind the team tonite & make some noise, winning or losing. I think our fans need to support these guys to the fullest tonite. I want these players to remember that they came to X because of a great history, great facilities & GREAT FANS. I ask the crowd tonite to cheer for them no matter what. With great fan support they might even win when down 23 with 10 minutes to go. Show some love for your Musketeers

Freshman
    The Quentin Goodin thread appears to be Closed. Give the guy a huge welcome tonite. He got boos last game. He helped us win a BE Title. He's having a down year in an overall good career. Lift him up when he least expects it. Show our players we aren't fair weather fans

Sophomore
    I'd like to see us finally not play naji, paul, and (to a lesser extent) Q 38 minutes tonight. I'd play 9 guys, run, run, run. Creighton will be playing without Zegarowski tonight, and I'd like to see some extended pressure that Steele alluded to any the offseason. Something to mix it up and breathe some life into this team.

I'm kinda looking forward to the coaches and players circling the wagon tonight and playing better. I hope Welege gets up and down the court a few times and breaks a sweat before he shoots from deep. If our guys can get clean looks that they step into, some of them have to go down. If we can make some shots, coach Steele's job gets easier and coach McDermott doesn't look like a genius.

I would like to see the team still standing at the end of the game. This end of game meltdowns, turnovers, missed free throws or not getting to the stripe at all, hero-ball, miss-managed clock.....and so on...

I want to see them play 40 minutes.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    you will know a well played game by Xavier if you see it regardless of the score and that is what I am hoping too see. I am investing Saturday afternoon to go to Providence from Conn with some PC friends and hope against hope that I see a win there (or at least a well paid game). Good luck X and lets keep it positive..we all have a general idea of what the problem is and it is not just one thing. Attitude and effort we can control

With X having only four real players, usually some combination of only two of them showing up per game and Creighton being a running team, it could be ugly.
    Pray the Rosary daily