Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by XfansinKy View Post
    I agree. Hardin has been in with the game on the line a few times now. He's a nice kid to bring off the bench, especially considering how tall he is at guard.
    there is absolute no reason to not be playing Harden now over Castlin. Castlin does a lot of nothing out on the court and you MUST see if Harden can develop and gain some confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    there is absolute no reason to not be playing Harden now over Castlin. Castlin does a lot of nothing out on the court and you MUST see if Harden can develop and gain some confidence.
    While Castlin doesn't do much, Harden doesn't do much either. He played 21 minutes yesterday and scored no points, going 0-3 from the field. He had a wide open three in the first half and bricked it.

Harden is also shooting 31% from the field this year, 29% from the three.
    Last edited by XU 87; 02-14-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    While Castlin doesn't do much, Harden doesn't do much either. He played 21 minutes yesterday and scored no points, going 0-3 from the field. He had a wide open three in the first half and bricked it.

Harden is also shooting 31% from the field this year, 29% from the three.
    and yet you want the minute to go to a guy who has 6-7 games left in his career instead of giving them to a guy who MIGHT be a part of the future for the next 3 years? Come on, you have to see if Harden has upside....

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    and yet you want the minute to go to a guy who has 6-7 games left in his career instead of giving them to a guy who MIGHT be a part of the future for the next 3 years? Come on, you have to see if Harden has upside....
    Travis has seen Elias for a year and a half now, he knows what he's getting with him. There is a reason he's choosing Kyle.
    Mama always told me, stupid is as stupid does. @danagardens

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    Travis has seen Elias for a year and a half now, he knows what he's getting with him. There is a reason he's choosing Kyle.
    Beat me to it. The staff knows what Harden can and cannot do. He's a fairly athletic 6"5" skinny guard who doesn't shoot too well.

For him to be in X's future, he's going to have to get bigger and stronger, and he's going to have to shoot much better. At this point, I don't know if he has the physique to get much bigger or the ability to learn to shoot better. He's got an odd looking shot.

That said, most of us, including me, didn't think much of BJ Raymond after his first two years, and look what he did his final two years. But I think BJ was more of the exception.

P.S. BJ shot 45% from the three his sophomore year.
    Last edited by XU 87; 02-14-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 94GRAD View Post
    So true.

Sophomore
    we went down/up? 34 spots in defensive efficiency from 199 to 165 after last night

Sophomore
    Q also played much better last night than he has all year. he played excellent defense all game long and stayed locked in. his 4 steals were huge (and he should've had another on a clean pickpocket of mintz). he made the right decision on offense most of the game. he still had a few head scratching moments, but took a lot of steps in the right direction. i've been a harsh critic, so i've got to give him props. we need him to keep improving.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    Q also played much better last night than he has all year. he played excellent defense all game long and stayed locked in. his 4 steals were huge (and he should've had another on a clean pickpocket of mintz). he made the right decision on offense most of the game. he still had a few head scratching moments, but took a lot of steps in the right direction. i've been a harsh critic, so i've got to give him props. we need him to keep improving.
    Can you imagine if we were on the other end of his last “steal”? Oh, LORDY! That was quite the game changing gift. We’ll never know how it WOULD have turned out, but I like being on this end of the gift for a change.

My advanced analysis: We won a game! Yay! The guys didn't give up, came through in a big way against a team that curb stomped them not too long ago, it was great to see them end the skid, and Naji played out of his mind when Scruggs wasn't having a good game at all. Kudos to him stepping up and being clutch, would love to see more of that.

The kicker however is that we still aren't very good and need to progress a whole helluva lot.