Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Where is Scruggs? I know he痴 sucked tonight but still would like him on the floor here.
    Quote Originally Posted by XU 23 View Post
    Where is Paul Scruggs???
    I guess he sat in lieu of Elias due to turnovers. Thought it was interesting Steele decides to finally take a stand against turnovers and bench someone and it was Scruggs who has been our best player all year. I guess though he felt like Paul just didnt have it tonight and he will maybe do that going forward with whoever is turning it over? I mean Elias was playing great defensively but I was extremely worried on offense. We couldnt get in down to Jones and Elias and Castlin were not threats offensively, so we basically only had Q and Naji on offense. Luckily Naji took over and made some huge plays to pull it out.

Steele made a bold move and it ended up paying off.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Sophomore
    grad transfers had 19 pos, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 4 blocks ..well done in a low scoring game

SLU GRAD, XAVIER SUPERFAN D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
    Um, anyone going to talk about the elbow pick from their center to face on that last score for CU? No wonder CBS isn't showing replays of fouls...
    Yeah that was bad.
    "I知 willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I知 going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I知 going to play harder than I致e ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by DART87 View Post
    No I heard it (or read it) LOL. Maybe you missed it. check your reading glasses.
    OK, I was just acknowledging that I know my rightful place when it comes to our marriage. I thought that was almost universal, but maybe some people have different experiences. I find it far easier to take the easier and more pleasant route. My reading glasses are fine. I didn’t know what required a “What!?”, but then I don’t care much either. Have a nice night’s sleep!

Sophomore
    Scruggs had 5 turnovers but 4 were in 2 minutes..very indecisive. Ironically I think we got back and harassed a number of the Creighton layup attempts so maybe only gave up 4 points during that stretch. I think Scruggs had 8 turnovers against Detroit mercy..sometimes he may try to do too much (because he can do a lot)

Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    Scruggs had 5 turnovers but 4 were in 2 minutes..very indecisive. Ironically I think we got back and harassed a number of the Creighton layup attempts so maybe only gave up 4 points during that stretch. I think Scruggs had 8 turnovers against Detroit mercy..sometimes he may try to do too much (because he can do a lot)
    Creighton was indeed VERY helpful in this fortunate win. I’ll take it. I’ll take any win.

Sophomore
    credit where it's due, we played great defense tonight. holding creighton to 61 is impressive

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    credit where it's due, we played great defense tonight. holding creighton to 61 is impressive
    I love our team, but Creighton was very helpful in that accomplishment.

Some games we played better than tonight and got an L. So I'll take W. Still not over for a chance at avoiding Wed for the Big East Tournament. Nice goal .
    Run the table.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    I love our team, but Creighton was very helpful in that accomplishment.
    Sure, but we played better defense than we normally have by a wide margin. it was nice to see.

9 blocks, 7 steals, 15 pts off turnovers
    Last edited by scoscox; 02-13-2019 at 11:44 PM.