Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Steele?

Why did the thread I started “Quentin Goodin” get locked/closed? Can it be reopened?
    Confused as to how that happened

Sophomore
    Yep. Best case scenario, reveling in the guy's failure = Xavier reaching a Final Four with Steele and Mack never having the opportunity to go to one. Along with his team's occasional total collapse on the court against random foe.

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    Why did the thread I started “Quentin Goodin” get locked/closed? Can it be reopened?
    Can't speak for Muskie, but my guess is that it was just getting repetitive and toxic from other posters. There are other threads you can still post about him where it doesn't cross a line between being critical and being personal.

Quote Originally Posted by X-band '01 View Post
    Can't speak for Muskie, but my guess is that it was just getting repetitive and toxic from other posters. There are other threads you can still post about him where it doesn't cross a line between being critical and being personal.
    Thanks
    Just a few more more questions: once it’s locked, can it become unlocked? Also who decides to lock threads?

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    Yes, and one has to remember the context as well. Saying you want to "revel in a guy's failures" sounds pretty awful, but we're not talking about real life. The guy's a multi-, multi- millionaire and his family is set up for a couple of generations no matter how badly he screws up. No one is wishing "actual" ill-will on the guy.
    Uuuhhh....

😉

Despite being a Cincy native, X player and captain and all time winningest coach, Mack proved to be someone who ascribed no real value to any of that. Which is fine, but I'm not going to canonize him as someone who is to be enshrined in Xavier lore forever. Other coaches who came and went had no previous ties to Xavier. They were never really one of "us", but Mack was one of "us". To me, he lost his standing as one of "us" when he decided to hightail it to Louisville. That's totally his right, but I now place him somewhere between Matta at the worst end of the spectrum and Miller at the worse end of he spectrum. I will never wish him ill, but have no interest in anything he ever does again on, or off the basketball court.
    Last edited by vee4xu; 02-13-2019 at 07:22 PM.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Quote Originally Posted by xufan2020 View Post
    It had reached the logical conclusion when nobody was really on topic anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

It's funny, on his twitter page, one of his 5 "you may also like" feeds...is Xavier Basketball.
    Right up there with Louisville basketball, his wife, and Luke Murray.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I don’t wish him or his family any Ill will but I def wish his success from
    Here on out nothing but failure. That shouldn’t be hard to do since he sucks. That lost to
    duke will be the downfall of this years team. Steele is going to be Xavier’s all time everything.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Freshman
    I like Steele as the Xavier coach but I had one big issue with his game management last night. 1.7 seconds left and they call the jump ball instead of a foul. He's is understandably upset but asking the refs to go to replay when I don't believe they can change that call gave Creighton a time out they didn't have and a chance to draw up a play, which turned out to be a wide open three that would have tied it. ( I won't even start in on how the play seemed to be have 15 tackle half the x team to get some one open since they wouldn't call anything on him all night) They won though and that's what matters and a lesson to be learned from that.