Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Steele?

Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    all of the above

He team melted down....literally turning it over on multiple straight possessions........It was beautiful
    Nothing we’ve not seen before....:(

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Nothing we’ve not seen before....:(
    We haven't.

I cannot believe this, but according to David Worlock from the NCAA that is the first time in the history of college basketball a team has blown a 23 point lead in the final ten minutes of the game.

That just seems like it cannot be right. I'm not saying it's common, but I almost cannot believe that it has never happened before. I mean...not even ONCE?

https://twitter.com/DavidWorlock/sta...66176032681986
    "You can't fix stupid." Ron White

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedXblue View Post
    all of the above

He team melted down....literally turning it over on multiple straight possessions........It was beautiful
    Its starting to become a Chris Mack staple and is why I will never trust a Mack coached team to get past the second weekend. He's a choker and his teams reflect that quite often.

I will say he is good at game prep (although against Nova he was a moron), and hes good at time outs. However, his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired, and he does not make adjustments once his opponent changes their game plan. That Louisville team looked like a scared high school team the last 9 minutes of the game and that is all coaching.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Is this in reference to message boards or twitter or what?
    Twitter. One guy was already putting him above rick pitino

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Its starting to become a Chris Mack staple and is why I will never trust a Mack coached team to get past the second weekend. He's a choker and his teams reflect that quite often.

I will say he is good at game prep (although against Nova he was a moron), and hes good at time outs. However, his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired, and he does not make adjustments once his opponent changes their game plan. That Louisville team looked like a scared high school team the last 9 minutes of the game and that is all coaching.
    I'd be very interested to see chris mack play this year's iteration of nova just to see if he'd still lose by 20+

Nothing epitomized his nova prep more than the game at cintas last year where he admitted he hadn't watched any game tape from our first loss on the pregame show on fs1 and then called their offense simple and basic. i've hardly ever been more dumbfounded by a coach's comments. how you could have that approach to a team that has humiliated you mercilessly 9+ times is beyond me.
    Last edited by scoscox; 02-13-2019 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    I'd be very interested to see chris mack play this year's iteration of nova just to see if he'd still lose by 20+

Nothing epitomized his nova prep more than the game at cintas last year where he admitted he hadn't watched any game tape from our first loss on the pregame show on fs1 and then called their offense simple and basic. i've hardly ever been more dumbfounded by a coach's comments. how you could have that approach to a team that has humiliated you mercilessly 9+ times is beyond me.
    b/c he was already checked out and had his mind on the UL job

You can't be a real "blue blood" program unless your message board contains a "Fire the Coach" thread, especially after a loss or two.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    You can't be a real "blue blood" program unless your message board contains a "Fire the Coach" thread, especially after a loss or two.
    Or 13 (6 in a row- including a come from ahead loss to DePaul at home)

Quote Originally Posted by xubrew View Post
    We haven't.
    Maybe not the 23 point in 10 minutes meltdown......but we have certainly seen some recent Xavier teams blow late game leads with multiple turnovers in a row

On Duke-Louisville and not hating the past - Banners

I'm sure most of you have seen this and apologies if it's posted elsewhere here. If you haven't, I come with good news, you can skip church on Sunday. All of your preaching and guidance needs are here for you in one short article!