Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    Yeah...next year really is the important thing. This year is a throwaway at this point, but two years of this and everyone starts getting pretty antsy.

Regarding that timeout, I made a comment at that time that Steele almost acted that at any point he was just going to throw his hands in the air and say eff it. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I almost get the sense that Steele doesnt like this team and honestly has run out of ideas for how to get them to play differently.

Thought the same damn thing.

Walk-On
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    I thought Creighton was bottom. I am not one to knock college kids(at 63) but this can hurt the Xavier brand if not checked as this is not a fun team to watch. I pulled for Depaul last year against most teams as I thought they were fun to watch.
    Completely agree that the current performance, or lack thereof, is really hurting the Xavier brand. I said earlier on another thread that next year is NCAA tournament or bust for Steele. The fact that Xavier was a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament last year and has dropped all the way to last in the Big East does not bode well for Steele and his staff. The excuse that the roster is depleted does not make up for the fact that Steele cannot get his players motivated, or the fact that the team has progressively gotten worse. I feel for the new coaching staff, but it appears that Steele is in over his head. Xavier has become too big of a program to drop back this far. Thus, Steele has one more year to get the house in order. I think there are a list of solid coaches out there that would jump at the chance to lead Xavier. Hopefully, Steele does not squander this opportunity next season.

Calling out other posters based off of the game this team just played is very tough guy behind a keyboard of you.
    Nope, just a die hard fan that remembers the fieldhouse days. This team has been like family for me and mine. I get pissed when wet behind the ears fans trash my team.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Nope, just a die hard fan that remembers the fieldhouse days. This team has been like family for me and mine. I get pissed when wet behind the ears fans trash my team.
    You may want to think a bit and realize that anyone that is spending their time posting on a message board on a Saturday night is also a diehard fan.

Way to go for being a fan for so long. Any fan has every right to trash this teams performance...its garbage. If it gets to the personal level of anyone on the team , I can understand your sentiment, but otherwise its fair game in my opinion.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-09-2019 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    At this point we just can’t have decommits out of this class.
    I have to admit I’m concerned this might happen. We’ve got a train wreck on our hands this year and really need the incoming class. They’ll probably all get serious playing time as freshmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I'm ready to order a code red.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    I have to admit I’m concerned this might happen. We’ve got a train wreck on our hands this year and really need the incoming class. They’ll probably all get serious playing time as freshmen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I mean...they are all signed, so they would have to be willing to sit out a year to go somewhere else at this point right? I'd have to think the chances of that are extremely slim but I'm sure it's happened before.

Sophomore
    it is kind of sad to look at the dec 29 box score(we came back at Depaul) to see Welage play 30 min, go 5-8 from 3 with 17 points 3 Reb an assist. It seemed like we had a plan then to space the floor..what happened.
    Last edited by whopper; 02-09-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Sophomore
    You may want to think a bit and realize that anyone that is spending their time posting on a message board on a Saturday night is also a diehard fan.

Way to go for being a fan for so long. Any fan has every right to trash this teams performance...its garbage. If it gets to the personal level of anyone on the team , I can understand your sentiment, but otherwise its fair game in my opinion.
    Reps. Exactly. We’re all here because we love the program, and want to see it be at its best.

Wet behind the ears. Lol. The standard has improved for this program. Don’t need to wear that like a badge of honor.

I want to give Steele a pass, I do, for many reasons. But when a guy has 2 Tos and 2 fouls in the final few minutes of a game, he has to sit. I do not like the lack of accountability. I realize the X bench is slim, but come on man. Put KK or Elias out there and give them a chance. It cannot be worse than what we just witnessed.