Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier vs. DePaul (February 9, 2019)

We keep seeing the same mistakes happening on the court. It’s one of two things. The players are that bad, or the coaches are. I guess there’s a third option. It’s both.

This is completely unacceptable, though I’m sure the players and coaches know this. At the moment, I really have zero interest in going to the rest of the games. I’m sure I’ll be there, but I’ll be going in expecting more embarrassing losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.

I kinda feel bad for Hankins and Welage.

Both signed on to play at Xavier specifically because they wanted to play in the NCAA tourney.

The bright side is that they are going to get to go on a spring break trip, which most Xavier basketball players are never able to

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I mean...they are all signed, so they would have to be willing to sit out a year to go somewhere else at this point right? I'd have to think the chances of that are extremely slim but I'm sure it's happened before.
    Usually before they get to school and they want out the school lets them out of their commitment and they dont need to sit. Right? That is how I understand it. Kind of douchey by a school not to.

But honestly I am not worried about any decommits. I get being worried by worst case scenarios given how bad this season has turned out but I dont think most recruits decommit because their team had a bad season the year before they go there. They committed to Steele not Mack. I feel ok about the recruits staying committed.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    So was just perusing the roster and noticed that two of james' coaches during his high school career mentioned he was an exceptional shooter. Is he? If he is, why is he getting absolutely zero run? Just something that stood out to me since we have no one that can consistently stretch the floor.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D-West & PO-Z View Post
    Usually before they get to school and they want out the school lets them out of their commitment and they dont need to sit. Right? That is how I understand it. Kind of douchey by a school not to.

But honestly I am not worried about any decommits. I get being worried by worst case scenarios given how bad this season has turned out but I dont think most recruits decommit because their team had a bad season the year before they go there. They committed to Steele not Mack. I feel ok about the recruits staying committed.
    On your first paragraph, yeah guess you are right. I just couldn't remember the rule because it doesn't seem to happen very much once a recruit is signed.

Quote Originally Posted by bjf123 View Post
    We keep seeing the same mistakes happening on the court. It’s one of two things. The players are that bad, or the coaches are. I guess there’s a third option. It’s both.

This is completely unacceptable, though I’m sure the players and coaches know this. At the moment, I really have zero interest in going to the rest of the games. I’m sure I’ll be there, but I’ll be going in expecting more embarrassing losses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Were you surprised as me on how quite Cintas was tonight. I mean the whole game except for the cool halftime show.

So was just perusing the roster and noticed that two of james' coaches during his high school career mentioned he was an exceptional shooter. Is he? If he is, why is he getting absolutely zero run? Just something that stood out to me since we have no one that can consistently stretch the floor.
    James, Harden, and Kennedy are as good as gone next year.

You may want to think a bit and realize that anyone that is spending their time posting on a message board on a Saturday night is also a diehard fan.

Way to go for being a fan for so long. Any fan has every right to trash this teams performance...its garbage. If it gets to the personal level of anyone on the team , I can understand your sentiment, but otherwise its fair game in my opinion.
    Ok, but we all know the situation has gone south. What good does it do to embellish the fact? I guess I don’t understand the need to post crap that is SO obvious. Butler/UD fans and other haters love it but that’s about it.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    James, Harden, and Kennedy are as good as gone next year.
    Care to expand? Because you think Steele forces them out? Because they are fearful of no playing time with good class coming in? Because they are mad about not playing and dont like direction of program?

you think all three are gone?
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Ok, but we all know the situation has gone south. What good does it do to embellish the fact? I guess I don’t understand the need to post crap that is SO obvious. Butler/UD fans and other haters love it but that’s about it.
    You are now essentially asking what's the point of a message board. If I cant express my opinion of what is going on, whether good or bad, what's the point? It's obvious the team is playing like garbage, the how and why isnt obvious.