Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Freshman
    When was the last time you saw an X team quit like that? I’m thinking 15 years ago when ND kept trying to hand us the game and we were too timid to take it in the ncaa tourney in KC. Throw in a Villanova game or two and Duke in NYC and that’s it. We quit against DePaul at home.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    “Honestly” I’m sick of you....but you’re not the only one. You have officially exceeded your typical Butler board poster in constant whining and that’s saying a lot.
    It's nice you have no problem with the team's performance, but to call out another fan based off of the crap that I just saw is pretty douchey.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    I'm not joking when I say, gut the whole team. I wouldn't be sad if the whole team transferred. Because either there is a cancer on the coaching staff and they can't motivate players or its the players themselves who show ZERO heart. Zero.

Dude.. It's embarrassing that the shitty thrown together team Mick Cronin Inherited in his first year played with more heart, and Intensity than this team ever did.

Thats my concern. When you know you don't have the talent to win every game, you better at minimum establish a culture of toughness and heart. Our guys don't give 2 shits if they win or lose. Zero pride.

Pathetic bunch of losers. And I mean that. Any one who guys that quietly into the night is a bunch of soft losers who don't deserve to put on the X
    This is the cancer for a FAN board. I am embarrassed for you.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Sophomore
    there is no need to pile on..they know they are playing bad. I wish Welage was more like Sean McDermott who can rebound and defend a bit because spacing is needed. Those turnovers were 80% a result of no spacing and 20% poor execution. No-one wanted to shoot anything but a point blank shot which made them easy to defend

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    If we have the worst rosters, then we also have the worst coaching staff

I've seen nothing from Steele to say he is better than any coach in this league.
    Agree regarding Steele but he hasn't seemed to be in charge for most of the season. His first half timeout was a bit sad---he was imploring the team to box out but it was almost like he was lecturing them, neither team nor coaching staff are on same page. Wonder what next year's recruits think when they watch this.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    This is the cancer for a FAN board. I am embarrassed for you.
    Calling out other posters based off of the game this team just played is very tough guy behind a keyboard of you.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpin_Jamal_Forever View Post
    Agree regarding Steele but he hasn't seemed to be in charge for most of the season. His first half timeout was a bit sad---he was imploring the team to box out but it was almost like he was lecturing them, neither team nor coaching staff are on same page. Wonder what next year's recruits think when they watch this.
    Yeah...next year really is the important thing. This year is a throwaway at this point, but two years of this and everyone starts getting pretty antsy.

Regarding that timeout, I made a comment at that time that Steele almost acted that at any point he was just going to throw his hands in the air and say eff it. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but I almost get the sense that Steele doesnt like this team and honestly has run out of ideas for how to get them to play differently.

Freshman
    Steele’s post game isn’t filling me with confidence. WTF is he talking about? Singles not home runs. The guy talks in cliches. It’s going to be a long three years.

Sophomore
    At this point we just can’t have decommits out of this class.

Embarrassing once again... squandered yet another solid lead.Yeah... Sorry. Steele does not get a pass when his team shows they can play with teams, but then he refuses to sit players who are hurting the team Why the hell is Q in there so much when he was doing nothing but making things worse every offensive possession. Enough of his crappy play on offense. If he doesn’t remembeer how to pass or play with tenacity or use his head when he has the ball, then it is on Steele for not putring someone else in- anyone willing to hustle and pass well and not make SO many bad decisions that turn into points for DePaul..

Also, why can’t Steele teach his team the right way to finish a damn game. Once again players at the end were trying to play “One man hero.” Players almost always look lost and out of control at the end of games. Hard to believe the entire team just doesn’t get it. More likely part of the problem is with the message.
    Last edited by IM4X; 02-09-2019 at 09:41 PM.