Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Walk-On
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4

    Thoughts on KyKy Tandy - Combo Guard

    KyKy Tandy, Hopkinsville, KY was recruited by Ben Johnson. There was an off chance he was headed to Ole Miss.

    Any thoughts on his impact next year? Tandy joins Dahmir Bishop (Philadelphia) Zach Freemantle (Oradell, NJ). The incoming class looks strong.

  2. #2
    he's an explosive shot creating guard. this team lacks those.

  3. #3
    Supporting Member GoMuskies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wichita, KS
    Posts
    25,947
    I think when you add Tandy, we'll have a "Core 5" instead of a core 4 like this year. If the core 4 from this year's team all come back, Tandy is close to as good as advertised, we can get some positive contribution from Bishop and Freemantle, and Steele can pull in one impact grad transfer (not a star, but a guy who can produce more on the order of Hankins than Castlin/Welage), we'll be pretty solid next year. Quite a few "ifs", but nothing unrealistic on the list.

  4. #4
    Supporting Member GIMMFD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think when you add Tandy, we'll have a "Core 5" instead of a core 4 like this year. If the core 4 from this year's team all come back, Tandy is close to as good as advertised, we can get some positive contribution from Bishop and Freemantle, and Steele can pull in one impact grad transfer (not a star, but a guy who can produce more on the order of Hankins than Castlin/Welage), we'll be pretty solid next year. Quite a few "ifs", but nothing unrealistic on the list.
    Agreed that it isn't unrealistic, obviously it's hard to predict how a Freshman will translate unless it's a one and done talent, but Tandy has all the tools to succeed, it will probably help Q's game out a lot not having to do as much, and Naji and Scruggs will be more relaxed as well if all goes to plan. Like you said, really depends how some of these Freshman translate but they look very talented so far.

  5. #5
    Walk-On
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Utica, NY
    Posts
    4
    Agree with the outlook here. Tandy rounds out a solid potential starting 5.

    His prep stats are very good. Ranked #33 in Kentucky. His AAU numbers confirm his abilities also.

    Ready for big things next year. Our BE standing needs some help!

  6. #6
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Horace89x View Post
    Agree with the outlook here. Tandy rounds out a solid potential starting 5.

    His prep stats are very good. Ranked #33 in Kentucky. His AAU numbers confirm his abilities also.

    Ready for big things next year. Our BE standing needs some help!
    What do you mean by “Ranked #33 in Kentucky”?

    And how’s things back in upstate nowadays? Hoping to get back for a visit this year!

  7. #7
    All-Conference xudash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    7,239
    How is he physically - is he big and strong enough for BE play coming in or will he be in bad need of the nutrition table and weight room?
    X A V I E R

  8. #8
    Sophomore XUGRAD80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    How is he physically - is he big and strong enough for BE play coming in or will he be in bad need of the nutrition table and weight room?
    Listed at 6’1” and 190 lbs. haven’t heard or read anything that indicates he will have any problem.

  9. #9
    Junior
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,554
    To me he looks and is built like Holloway. If he can be anywhere close to that kind of player, we will have a good one. He does play like him and have the same kind of get on my back kind of attitude which is missing from this years team.

  10. #10
    Supporting Member bleedXblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    5,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    To me he looks and is built like Holloway. If he can be anywhere close to that kind of player, we will have a good one. He does play like him and have the same kind of get on my back kind of attitude which is missing from this years team.
    Ill go so far to say that Tandy looks WAY more athletic than Tu was. Now, does he have steel balls.........???? That's a tough act to follow.......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •