Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Walk-On

Thoughts on KyKy Tandy - Combo Guard

KyKy Tandy, Hopkinsville, KY was recruited by Ben Johnson. There was an off chance he was headed to Ole Miss.

Any thoughts on his impact next year? Tandy joins Dahmir Bishop (Philadelphia) Zach Freemantle (Oradell, NJ). The incoming class looks strong.

he's an explosive shot creating guard. this team lacks those.

I think when you add Tandy, we'll have a "Core 5" instead of a core 4 like this year. If the core 4 from this year's team all come back, Tandy is close to as good as advertised, we can get some positive contribution from Bishop and Freemantle, and Steele can pull in one impact grad transfer (not a star, but a guy who can produce more on the order of Hankins than Castlin/Welage), we'll be pretty solid next year. Quite a few "ifs", but nothing unrealistic on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    I think when you add Tandy, we'll have a "Core 5" instead of a core 4 like this year. If the core 4 from this year's team all come back, Tandy is close to as good as advertised, we can get some positive contribution from Bishop and Freemantle, and Steele can pull in one impact grad transfer (not a star, but a guy who can produce more on the order of Hankins than Castlin/Welage), we'll be pretty solid next year. Quite a few "ifs", but nothing unrealistic on the list.
    Agreed that it isn't unrealistic, obviously it's hard to predict how a Freshman will translate unless it's a one and done talent, but Tandy has all the tools to succeed, it will probably help Q's game out a lot not having to do as much, and Naji and Scruggs will be more relaxed as well if all goes to plan. Like you said, really depends how some of these Freshman translate but they look very talented so far.

Walk-On
    Agree with the outlook here. Tandy rounds out a solid potential starting 5.

His prep stats are very good. Ranked #33 in Kentucky. His AAU numbers confirm his abilities also.

Ready for big things next year. Our BE standing needs some help!

Quote Originally Posted by Horace89x View Post
    Agree with the outlook here. Tandy rounds out a solid potential starting 5.

His prep stats are very good. Ranked #33 in Kentucky. His AAU numbers confirm his abilities also.

Ready for big things next year. Our BE standing needs some help!
    What do you mean by “Ranked #33 in Kentucky”?

And how’s things back in upstate nowadays? Hoping to get back for a visit this year!

How is he physically - is he big and strong enough for BE play coming in or will he be in bad need of the nutrition table and weight room?
    X A V I E R

Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    How is he physically - is he big and strong enough for BE play coming in or will he be in bad need of the nutrition table and weight room?
    Listed at 6’1” and 190 lbs. haven’t heard or read anything that indicates he will have any problem.

Supporting Member
    To me he looks and is built like Holloway. If he can be anywhere close to that kind of player, we will have a good one. He does play like him and have the same kind of get on my back kind of attitude which is missing from this years team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    To me he looks and is built like Holloway. If he can be anywhere close to that kind of player, we will have a good one. He does play like him and have the same kind of get on my back kind of attitude which is missing from this years team.
    Ill go so far to say that Tandy looks WAY more athletic than Tu was. Now, does he have steel balls.........???? That's a tough act to follow.......