Where were you 10 years ago today?

I can tell you exactly where I was and what I was doing 10 years ago today ... I was with my Xavier brothers at the (in)famous SNUGGIE GAME at the Palumbo Center, in Pittsburgh, watching the Duquesne Dukes versus our Mighty Muskies.

This epic alcohol-fueled bus ride and hotel stay included many of our fellow XavierHoops brethren.

My strangely vague, oddly vivid memories of that trip include:
  • A near-death experience for one X fan involving blue jello shots on the bus, who was saved by our resident firefighter/EMT member
  • An XH member who proudly wore Groucho Marx glasses with a penis nose in a swanky bar
  • Multiple XH members trying to pick up chicks with fake boobs, who were nearly 30 years their senior
  • Many wearing navy blue Snuggies with white ropes for belts--including one idiot wearing a Snuggie with a custom-embroidered "Xavier" logo
  • Shannon Russell entering a blog post saying "A bunch of Xavier fans just entered the area dressed as blue friars"
  • The Duquesne student section was decked out in maroon Snuggies because they had caught wind of our foray into the Palumbo Center
  • One of our members giving his spare tickets to hot cheerleaders at the pregame reception, just because
  • Snipe and Fred Garvin yelling at and taunting Duquensne fans throughout the game
  • And my personal favorite - two members of our group ordered a cab--not knowing where they were in the city--and then rode in and paid for that trip after boarding the cab from the side entrance of our hotel--a ride of roughly 85 feet to the front entrance.

There were absurd volumes of drinking and debauchery, followed by more drinking. My liver aged 20 years that weekend.

I'm sure the many other XavierHoops members on the trip have additional memories.

I have to say, it was definitely one of best times I've ever had at an X game, and easily the most fun I ever had involving a Xavier loss.

I will raise a tall frosty mug tonight to celebrate that most momentous event, and to honor the XH members we've lost along the way!