Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Sophomore
    This thread just gets more and more interesting. Given Melanie Moore's tenure at Xavier thus far with WBB, safe to say Greg's hiring trends continue to be consistent.

Supporting Member
    He might be a swell guy and a good fundraiser. I couldn’t even pick the guy out of a lineup. However, I want him as far away as possible if a basketball hire needs to be made. . His track record in that respect is absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RetireFiftyTu View Post
    So a fair criticism and concern would be that Xavier has not improved as the year has gone along. In this particular season that doesn't worry me but you certainly aren't wrong if you think that is problematic.
    This from one of the sharpest posters ever on this board from FOUR years ago still rings true.
    "I Got CHAMPIONS in that Lockerroom!" -Stanley Burrell

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    He might be a swell guy and a good fundraiser. I couldn’t even pick the guy out of a lineup. However, I want him as far away as possible if a basketball hire needs to be made. . His track record in that respect is absolutely awful.
    Yep. I get at BG it can be hard to bring in decent coaches but I don’t think he has has one good hire for a major sport. (Couldn’t tell you about other Olympic sports). He went safe with Steele, X had a proven track record going that route. Search committees seem like a waste, but it’s needed here

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    This from one of the sharpest posters ever on this board from FOUR years ago still rings true.
    Boy you’re constantly looking for validation aren’t you. Is it really that important that you seek out a few random voices on a message board to prop up your opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    Yep. I get at BG it can be hard to bring in decent coaches but I don’t think he has has one good hire for a major sport. (Couldn’t tell you about other Olympic sports). He went safe with Steele, X had a proven track record going that route. Search committees seem like a waste, but it’s needed here
    I thought the Mel Moore hire was pretty safe and vanilla as well. Go get Louisville's top assistant, or Notre Dame's or Baylor's or UConn's. Michigan? Pretty unremarkable women's program.