Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sophomore

Greg Christopher Basketball Hires

First and foremost, let me say that I think Greg has done a lot of really good things on and around campus, and specifically in the Cintas Center. Been a great 6 years in many ways since Greg took over.

However, I thought this was interesting when someone else mentioned it to me in passing, so I wanted to share it. In Greg's 13 years as an A.D., he has four basketball coaches (between Bowling Green and Xavier).

B.G. WBB: Jennifer Roos, who had been the in-house Associate Head Coach, and she compiled a record of 92-97 (which includes going 24-11 and 30-5 in her first two years...but since then going 9-21, 10-18, 8-23, 11-19) before being let go.

B.G. MBB: Louis Orr compiled a career record at B.G. of 101-121 before being relieved of his duties.

Xavier WBB: Brian Neal has gone 76-100 in his career, never finishing better than 8-10 in the Big East. They have made one appearance in the post-season with Brian, in the WBI, in 2014-15. Obviously Brian's early tenure was on the heels of the Amy Waugh fiasco (who was hired by Bobinski), but he has had a lot of time since to get things turned around.

Xavier MBB: Travis Steele, while obviously INCREDIBLY early, is 11-12 as we all know.

This all may mean absolutely nothing, or, well, it doesn't. Time will tell I guess, but that trend is more than a little concerning.
    Last edited by BigMoeMusketeer; 02-05-2019 at 10:00 AM.