13 19.40%
  • C

29 43.28%
  • D

21 31.34%
  • F

3 4.48%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I want to change my grade to a F now but then I realized he lost Sean, JP, Trey, kanter and Gates. I’m giving him an A. The fact he has won 11 games with this group is impressive
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

He gets a C- for this year. Next year is where fans can be hard on him if he doesnt produce wins. I want to see what he can do with his own recruiting classes. I'm pretty confident Q and Naji will bounce back next year and with the addition of the highly ranked recruiting class they will be back towards the top of the conference.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sophomore
    he gets a pass for this year AND next, but we should at least see a team that plays harder and seems to understand what it's doing better next year. He needs a recruiting home run in the worst way possible.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I want to change my grade to a F now but then I realized he lost Sean, JP, Trey, kanter and Gates. I’m giving him an A. The fact he has won 11 games with this group is impressive
    I wish I could think and feel this way.... wow. Steele “burner” account watch is officially on.

I have to go with a D+.

While the cupboard was left with very little depth, it was not left with little talent. We have mutilple highly rated guys that Steele should have been able to motivate and coach up.

Think of it this way.. 247 Sports has a ranking of the top 25 recruits xavier has ever had commit.

3 of the top 10 players from that list are.... on this team.

Xavier's all time #2, #5 & #8 are on this team and start. Tyrique Jones is also on this team and in the top 25 all time.

The Talent is there.

What I find to be the most embarrassing thing: The Defense.

This is the worst Defense a Xavier team has had in the Kenpom Era which dates back to 2001. And it's not just the worst, its the worst by 30 spots or so.

I truly believe there isn't a person on this staff that knows how to coach defense. And Xavier may need to make a coaching change on the assistant side to get some help in that regard.

The big east is not a defensive league and yet, we are dead last. Its about as bad as a high major team can be.

How bad you ask?

Only 7 teams in the power 7 leagues ( I included the American) are worse than Xavier defensively and most are in the Pac 12 and the American. For Example.... EAST CAROLINA has a better defense than Xavier. They have a first year coach with far less talent and yet, they play better defense. Thats a joke.
    Last edited by RyanblockXU; 02-03-2019 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    I have to go with a D+.

While the cupboard was left with very little depth, it was not left with little talent. We have mutilple highly rated guys that Steele should have been able to motivate and coach up.

Think of it this way.. 247 Sports has a ranking of the top 25 recruits xavier has ever had commit.

3 of the top 10 players from that list are.... on this team.

Xavier's all time #2, #5 & #8 are on this team and start. Tyrique Jones is also on this team and in the top 25 all time.

The Talent is there.

What I find to be the most embarrassing thing: The Defense.

This is the worst Defense a Xavier team has had in the Kenpom Era which dates back to 2001. And it's not just the worst, its the worst by 30 spots or so.

I truly believe there isn't a person on this staff that knows how to coach defense. And Xavier may need to make a coaching change on the assistant side to get some help in that regard.

The big east is not a defensive league and yet, we are dead last. Its about as bad as a high major team can be.

How bad you ask?

Only 7 teams in the power 7 leagues ( I included the American) are worse than Xavier defensively and most are in the Pac 12 and the American. For Example.... EAST CAROLINA has a better defense than Xavier. They have a first year coach with far less talent and yet, they play better defense. Thats a joke.
    Agree that Steele did not do himself any favors while bringing in a very young staff with him. I thought at the time and still do now that he needs a grizzled vet on his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Impressive?

he's won 3 big east games in a huge down year for the league and then won a bunch of buy games that this Xavier team should be able to win even if they didn't have a coach at all.

Come on dude.

And I firmly believe that Mack would have won more games with this team than Steele would have. LOL Mack took over the cardinals who have less talent than this team does from its big 4 players and yet, they are making the tourney, will be watching at home.

If you’re making staff changes, you start with Dante, no? He’s not exactly been a hot commodity in the past when looking for a job. I wonder if he’s bringing much to the table. Doesn’t seem to be a hot shot recruiter.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanblockXU View Post
    Impressive?

he's won 3 big east games in a huge down year for the league and then won a bunch of buy games that this Xavier team should be able to win even if they didn't have a coach at all.

Come on dude.

And I firmly believe that Mack would have won more games with this team than Steele would have. LOL Mack took over the cardinals who have less talent than this team does from its big 4 players and yet, they are making the tourney, will be watching at home.
    You lost all credibility with your second paragraph

Vj king McDonalds all american..he has regressed with mack
    Malik Williams top 30 recruit
    Darius Perry top 75 recruit
    Steven enoch top 50 recruit
    Jordan nwora top 50 recruit

They also have upper classmen leadership that isnt low d1 or d2 talent in sutton and McMahon.

Mack has done well there this year but there's a lot of talent on that roster.

Any coach would struggle with what mack left Steele....mack left at the perfect time for him.
    Last edited by Xville; 02-03-2019 at 09:06 PM.

X has 3 talented guys after that they have nobody. Sure they may have 3 top 25 recruits of all time but they also have 7 guys that suck. So no dude you come on. I was being facetious about being impressed with 11 wins but Steele is going to be a very very good coach. You will see the next two years.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield