29 43.28%
  • D

21 31.34%
  • F

3 4.48%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    17-13,10-17,11-17

Coach K first 3 years at DUKE.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

I do believe Coach Steele deserves at least three years, but easily, the biggest disappointment this year has been the defense.

To be one of the worst defensive teams of any power conference team in the nation is unacceptable, first year or not.

I personally think you just throw this season out the window. I think we all have been too spoiled and a little humility is good for all of us. Next year your criticism will be warranted.
    If I was going to school for school, I wouldn’t have picked the University of Cincinnati. Dontonio Wingfield

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    I personally think you just throw this season out the window. I think we all have been too spoiled and a little humility is good for all of us. Next year your criticism will be warranted.

Stop making sense!

It's hard to grade his coaching when he has such terrible shooters. Maybe a C? IDK.

C+

P.S. You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar
    Incomplete. Gonna wait until the season ends before grading.

Quote Originally Posted by OTRMUSKIE View Post
    Spoiled is an enormous understatement. How many times can people possibly write, "I know it's early..." "I know it's a small sample size...", "BUT". No, you either know it's early in his career or you don't.

There's a thread doubting Steele's outlook based on Christopher's hiring history at BOWLING GREEN! Get real people. A down year in the Big East is not the same as a down year in the A10. I'm sure Steele would love a game against Fordham right about now. A coach's record in the Mid-American has no bearing on the outlook for Steele.

The only thing I'm grading Steele on is recruiting. We have a strong group coming in. You're not going to be able to extrapolate anything deeper than that.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post

The only thing I'm grading Steele on is recruiting. We have a strong group coming in. You're not going to be able to extrapolate anything deeper than that.
    do we, though? I know the overall class ranking is good because of the amount of players, but only two seem to be highly ranked and likely to contribute next year. I think he's a good recruiter, but we've had stronger groups come through recently (although in retrospect, the Scruggs/Marshal class is likely to end up being only those two).

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    There's a thread doubting Steele's outlook based on Christopher's hiring history at BOWLING GREEN! Get real people.
    No, there is a thread wondering aloud if Greg Christopher knows what he is doing when hiring basketball coaches; no more, no less. If you don't find that to be a worthwhile topic, all good. He has NEVER hired a basketball coach who was able to have a .500 record, including in the MAC (caps for your benefit), so if that doesn't trouble you, no problem. Maybe the 4th times a charm....