• C

29 43.28%
  • D

21 31.34%
  • F

3 4.48%
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by xudash View Post
    How about new hairdo guidelines mandatory, and his is NOT an option.
    I wish we could afford to be picky, believe me! It makes me think of the old Bill Walton story at UCLA. Bill was determined to keep his facial hair despite the restriction against it. John Wooden said something along the lines of “I understand and respect your position. And we’re going to miss you.”

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    OK, maybe we HAVE our Hankins?
    Eventually, perhaps. To expect HS big's play to translate immediately (or even very soon) to BE is foolhardy. They need to go get a grad.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Eventually, perhaps. To expect HS big's play to translate immediately (or even very soon) to BE is foolhardy. They need to go get a grad.
    Looking from the outside, I agree. But I really have no idea how good Ramsey or Freemamtle are or what to expect them to contribute. I don’t expect that Miles will be much help NEXT year, but give him a couple of years and he might surprise a lot of people. I really expect a JUCO or grad transfer big to be part of the rotations next year. I know that X was recruiting some JUCO players last year, and was expected to be the destination of a couple by many of the “experts”.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 02-07-2019 at 06:52 AM.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    How much time will you give the 2-4 frosh to learn the system and dominate the competition? 4 months? 6 months? sophomore year? Look at Scruggs, Bluiett, Marshall, West, ... They all took until late sophomore to show awesomeness. Maybe X has a superstar lottery pick... I am just saying it will probably take until 2021 to have a very good team.
    Really? I would be thrilled if two of the freshman came in and averaged 11 a game like Bluiett did. I think Scruggs showed awesomeness last year at times and would be much further along in that if he didn't need to take a back seat to Bluiett/JP. I do agree though, unless it is near unprecedented success, it will take time for the Freshman to be what X needs them to be.

I expect every X team to make the tournament and next year will be no different. But if everyone stays, Scruggs/Marshal Sr. year is the time to expect a deep run in march.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    How much time will you give the 2-4 frosh to learn the system and dominate the competition? 4 months? 6 months? sophomore year? Look at Scruggs, Bluiett, Marshall, West, ... They all took until late sophomore to show awesomeness. Maybe X has a superstar lottery pick... I am just saying it will probably take until 2021 to have a very good team.
    I don't think anyone is saying the freshmen are going to come in here and light the world on fire, but I think 2 of them could be solid contributors next year; one of them most likely being KyKy.

Wells, Marshall, Christon, Doellman, Scruggs (by the end of the year) are just a few off the top of my head that were solid to significant contributors freshman year. I believe that other than Doellman, the rest of the aforementioned names were ranked higher than what we have coming in at this point, but just saying it can happen.

Next Year I am just excited to get some players in here that have BE talent that will just need to be developed. We didn't have a whole lot of that this year.

Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Of course, I was just reacting to an impressive stat line.

Quote Originally Posted by xu82 View Post
    Of course, I was just reacting to an impressive stat line.
    No doubt, and rightly so. I hope they come in and dominate right away (highly unlikely), and maybe they will, at least, be able to give quality minutes right from the start. You just never know, which is exactly my point. I'm sure the coaching staff is not counting on it. It only makes sense....in a season where so little has to this point.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I don't think anyone is saying the freshmen are going to come in here and light the world on fire, but I think 2 of them could be solid contributors next year; one of them most likely being KyKy.

Wells, Marshall, Christon, Doellman, Scruggs (by the end of the year) are just a few off the top of my head that were solid to significant contributors freshman year. I believe that other than Doellman, the rest of the aforementioned names were ranked higher than what we have coming in at this point, but just saying it can happen.

Next Year I am just excited to get some players in here that have BE talent that will just need to be developed. We didn't have a whole lot of that this year.
    Semaj - 1st of our all time recruits
    Scruggs - 3rd
    Naji - 5th
    Dez - 6th

For perspective, KyKy would be 12th, Dahmir 22nd, Freemantle 25th, Ramsey 26th. Fo a solid significant contribution it'll be hard, I agrere with you Ville, however there is some good talent there, I see KyKy contributing as well, hopefully the bigs can do enough to spell Tyrique and what not, I'd love to see us back in the tournament next year, but right now we have a lot of problems to sort through.

Xavier only has two real problems right now that need fixing...

They need to play better defense
    They need to have better and more consistent 3 point shooting.

No way of telling how much the freshman will help defensively. Even if they are considered good defensive players, how often are they playing against BE talent in high school or prep school?

I think that the 3-point shooting will be better, but that’s just a guess. Hardin and Kennedy were both supposed to be good here, but we haven’t seen it yet.

SOME improvement can come about because of a change in schemes, but in the end you’ve got to have the players that can execute the scheme that the coaches put in. I don’t expect an immediate improvement in execution, but I suspect there may be an immediate improvement in talent.