Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Goodin

How many BE teams would Goodin start for?

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    He shouldn't be starting for this one.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Nova: Gillepsie/Booth = no
    Marquette: Howard/anim/chourtnoy = I don't think so, but idk what the other two bring
    Gtown: Akinjo/McClung = no (he's averaging 14/5 on 39% from three)
    SJU: Ponds/Simon/Heron = lol
    Butler: Baldwin/thompson = maybe. He might start over Thompson.
    Creighton: Alexander/Zeg = no
    Hall: Powell/McKnight = maybe. McKnight is a really good on ball defender averaging 10ppg and 4 assists
    DePaul: Eli Cain is good, not sure who else they have that is better than Q.
    Providence: Reeves is real good, but hurt, then you have White, Duke, and Ashton-Langford =another maybe

So four maybes. Five definitely not (including Marquette here).
    Last edited by MITTENMUSKIE16; 02-07-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MITTENMUSKIE16 View Post
    Nova: Gillepsie/Booth = no
    Marquette: Howard/anim/chourtnoy = I don't think so, but idk what the other two bring
    Gtown: Akinjo/McClung = no (he's averaging 14/5 on 39% from three)
    SJU: Ponds/Simon/Heron = lol
    Butler: Baldwin/thompson = maybe. He might start over Thompson.
    Creighton: Alexander/Zeg = no
    Hall: Powell/McKnight = maybe. McKnight is a really good on ball defender averaging 10ppg and 4 assists
    DePaul: Eli Cain is good, not sure who else they have that is better than Q.
    Providence: Reeves is real good, but hurt, then you have White, Duke, and Ashton-Langford =another maybe

So four maybes. Five definitely not (including Marquette here).
    Wow. And he plays for us. In fact, he's our 'best'!

Sad.
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do, I drink 2XS.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by UCGRAD4X View Post
    Wow. And he plays for us. In fact, he's our 'best'!

Sad.
    But, but... he’s got so many assists.

Q is a distributor, not a scorer. His skills were very useful last year when he was surrounded by scorers such as Bluiett and Macura. His limitations are more exposed this year when he's not surrounded by other scorers.

I also tend to think that the staff told him to shoot and try to score more this year. That obviously hasn't worked out too well.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Q is a distributor, not a scorer. His skills were very useful last year when he was surrounded by scorers such as Bluiett and Macura. His limitations are more exposed this year when he's not surrounded by other scorers.

I also tend to think that the staff told him to shoot and try to score more this year. That obviously hasn't worked out too well.
    I don't think they specifically told him that. It's the main option of scoring he has been left this year because there is no one on the court to stretch the floor. And even if they did tell him to shoot more it's because we have no one else to shoot. Quentin is 4th on the team in 3P% (D. James is third so he's really third). Scruggs and Welage are the only better shooters on this team. The makeup of this team has screwed Q because teams pack it in on him so he can't get to the rim and he's being asked to do things he shouldn't be asked to do. That being said, he is turning it over too much and his defense has been crap at certain points. My point is, this isn't all his fault. His ORating last year was 105.8 and this year it's 100.6. There has been some regression but not as much as people think.

Sumpthin' ain't right with this hombre.
    Pray the Rosary daily

Does not look locked in. Those two turnovers at the end of the game just broke both his and the entire team’s spirit.
    They folded after that.
    Personal issues plus knee and shoulder injury are bothering him.
    Please god Q come back to form next season

Sophomore
    agreed, and when you do it late there is no time to recover. We have been making turnovers late. I can just imagine his thought process when the pass to wing was intercepted by Cain who went in for 2 fouls shots(made 1). He and Scruggs both had an "up and down" travel..Scruggs had a palming call and Naji had a couple including out of bounds to no one on sidelines. No shots on ANY of those plays . Maybe we will surprise somebody.. I am going to Providence next week and want to see the whole body language and interaction of players and coaches in warm up, etc (as if it will change my life)