Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin Goodin

All-Conference
    C'mon, we knew Welage would struggle to get shots in conference play. He's just not athletic enough to get open against stronger, more explosive athletes.

Sophomore
    He's actually been pretty good going to the basket and finishing in the lane. I wouldn't mind seeing him try it more often. there are benefits to being 6'9"/10"

Welage did have an offensive rating of 120 last night. Only Tyrique and Quentin had a better rating last night.

Sophomore
    I think both Welage and Castlin have performed as expected. I do think that if we had extended injuries for Marshall(Welage) or Goodin (Castlin)either one would have performed proficiently in their place as they would have more confidence knowing they would not get the quick hook. It is tough to move up a level as both were division 1 players, at a lower level there is always a weaker player(still good) on the floor where you would be able take off a switch. In this case everyone is good. You could even see against the Mid Majors like Miami-Ohio, Mercy etc they would more than hold their own.

Everyone of the freshman coming in is ranked by Rivals in the top 30 for their position (including Miles). So it would appear that there is some real talent coming in next year. It will be inexperienced, but hopefully the talent equals the hype. It’s a whole lot easier to threaten playing time when there is actual talent waiting to fill those minutes.

But I’ll also say this....it’s much better to have the players WANT to play the way the coach wants them to, than it is for them to only do it out of fear.

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    Everyone of the freshman coming in is ranked by Rivals in the top 30 for their position (including Miles). So it would appear that there is some real talent coming in next year. It will be inexperienced, but hopefully the talent equals the hype. It’s a whole lot easier to threaten playing time when there is actual talent waiting to fill those minutes.

But I’ll also say this....it’s much better to have the players WANT to play the way the coach wants them to, than it is for them to only do it out of fear.
    We have good talent coming in but they're all barely 4 star players if not 3 star. They're all above the current freshman class but under Scruggs and Naji as freshmen. They should be able to provide minutes but Elias Harden had similar if not better ranking than some of the guys coming in.

Supporting Member
    The comments about Q using the glass on two of his three's .It maybe someone of the coaches made a suggestion to do that to help his shooting. The BIG O used the glass all the time; and has said it is not used enough by most players today.

Quote Originally Posted by slysyl View Post
    The comments about Q using the glass on two of his three's .It maybe someone of the coaches made a suggestion to do that to help his shooting. The BIG O used the glass all the time; and has said it is not used enough by most players today.
    From 23 feet out? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by slysyl View Post
    I like where your heart is. But I doubt it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "He's a little bit ball-dominant, he needs to have the ball in his hands, and he's not a good shooter." Ball-dominant … isn't that a nice way of calling someone a ball hog? Where is my Jay Bilas Thesaurus?

Follow XH on Twitter

Follow XH on Facebook

True. Especially considering he was realistically a 3rd team preseason All Big East. He definitely isn't gonna finish near that.