Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’m Xavier, Reds, UC, Bengals

After 45 years of following X, this year isn’t going to shake my fandom. I don’t live and die with how the team does on a nightly basis. They just aren’t a very talented or very smart team this year. But they do play hard, and I’m happy about that.

X, Panthers, WVU (football and basketball)

I've actually come to the point in my life where I've accepted none of my favorite teams will ever win a championship, so it's become a lot less stressful watching, the WVU/Oklahoma football game to go to the conference title? Had not even an inkling of hope that we'd win, it was great, I got drunk and didn't have to be sad for an entire day. Luckily Medical School takes up a lot of my time, otherwise I'd probably just not even have the will to watch any sports.

It doesn't really help that this season Duke has a 3 headed monster and a point guard to distribute and run the show, I will say the parity in college basketball is a lot higher than college football, so if a championship were to happen, I'd peg X as having the best chance.

Sophomore
    Colts fan, so this year was a nice surprise. As for CBB, since X is circling the drain, I'll always have whoever is playing IU as a favorite team.

I've taken a break from a lot of sports in the last year, and I really don't miss it as much as I expected to. Watching sports generally gets me worked up, and when things don't go the way I want (and in Cincinnati, that's often), the payoff is not there. I think Snipe once referenced some sort of study that proves that being a fan is a net negative payoff. The sum of the lows exceeds the sum of the highs, and the nature of the championships is that every team but one loses. I think we somehow used that to feel better about our consolation win in the NIT in 99. How lame is that?

I have had some amazing times with friends around sporting events. Snuggie bus trips. Atlanta. Some seedy strip club in Pittsburgh. Hitting on Octogenarians while wearing said Snuggie. I'll go to a Super Bowl party this year, and even though I'm bored AF with Tom Brady, I'll enjoy the friendship. That's what I enjoy these days.

I watch Xavier games when they happen to be on and I have nothing else I'm doing, or I'm on the treadmill. Saturday happened to be one of those times. It also reminded me how annoyed I get when a win turns into a loss. I should have just baked cookies.

I am really enjoying the X games. The crazy snow stuff, not X-avier. Watching those guys is amazing. I still don't understand how you can get that good at throwing your body around that many times and sticking the landing.

I like top 10 plays. I enjoy watching top tier athletes perform amazing feats as a result of their dedication to preparation and training. It's cool.
    "Give a toast to my brother, hug your family, and do everything possible to live the life you dream of. God Bless."
    -Matt McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    I've taken a break from a lot of sports in the last year, and I really don't miss it as much as I expected to. Watching sports generally gets me worked up, and when things don't go the way I want (and in Cincinnati, that's often), the payoff is not there. I think Snipe once referenced some sort of study that proves that being a fan is a net negative payoff. The sum of the lows exceeds the sum of the highs, and the nature of the championships is that every team but one loses. I think we somehow used that to feel better about our consolation win in the NIT in 99. How lame is that?

I have had some amazing times with friends around sporting events. Snuggie bus trips. Atlanta. Some seedy strip club in Pittsburgh. Hitting on Octogenarians while wearing said Snuggie. I'll go to a Super Bowl party this year, and even though I'm bored AF with Tom Brady, I'll enjoy the friendship. That's what I enjoy these days.

I watch Xavier games when they happen to be on and I have nothing else I'm doing, or I'm on the treadmill. Saturday happened to be one of those times. It also reminded me how annoyed I get when a win turns into a loss. I should have just baked cookies.

I am really enjoying the X games. The crazy snow stuff, not X-avier. Watching those guys is amazing. I still don't understand how you can get that good at throwing your body around that many times and sticking the landing.

I like top 10 plays. I enjoy watching top tier athletes perform amazing feats as a result of their dedication to preparation and training. It's cool.
    I really like this response. Reps
    I put the X in Texas. @fleckd.

When your team isn't good, people start a lot of threads devoted to future recruits.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Xavier, OSU (football), Browns, Cubs

At least the Browns finally found their QB. Next year could be really fun.

Will start checking in on the Cubs shortly as pitchers and catchers report.