Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    Catholic schools should not be busing thousands of kids to protest in DC each year. Focus on academics and the faith and leave politics at home. The church is too political today and its keeping people away. Focus on serving the poor, being a good person, living an ethical life and leave DC out of it.
    I’m a CCH grad and those marches were a great experience. Protesting a vile animal behavior (slaughtering the most vulnerable) IS what it means to be Catholic. Proud of that young kid for taking the hate.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    Catholic schools should not be busing thousands of kids to protest in DC each year. Focus on academics and the faith and leave politics at home. The church is too political today and its keeping people away. Focus on serving the poor, being a good person, living an ethical life and leave DC out of it.
    And what was your take on the countless schools that bused their kids to dc or gave them days off for the “March for our lives”?

I swear to God there are so many people on the left just begging for Donald Trump to win another 4 years in 2020. The "sane left" and "sane right" are allowing the whole fucking country to get hijacked by the extremist idiots of the right and left.

Anti-White

They are coming for White people, and they are coming for your White children. The initial push was to identify and destroy these kids lives, I followed it all on social media. It was horrible. They were the KKK. The wanted them expelled from school. People were talking about following them to make sure they never get a job. They put his name out there. They wanted him gone. Gone from what? Gone from everything. Gone from a future. They wanted the principal fired. The more White scalps the better.

This was a racial incident against White People. It is a hate crime. The did it to local White high school students who did nothing wrong.

At least it is a teachable moment. Teach your kids that racists out there hate White people.

From Reason:

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran
    Journalists who uncritically accepted Nathan Phillips' story got this completely wrong.

The boys are undoubtedly owed an apology from the numerous people who joined this social media pile-on. This is shaping up to be one of the biggest major media misfires in quite some time.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Here is a series of tweets from the kid's brother describing the lunatics who have threatened his brother and family

https://twitter.com/PikePlaceTechie/...17202749378560

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Here is a series of tweets from the kid's brother describing the lunatics who have threatened his brother and family

That is horrible. The school had to delete all their social media accounts because students were being targeted and harassed with threats of violence.

Imagine what a nightmare that would be. Imagine if that was your child.

What will people do? Nothing.

First they came for the Jews
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Jew.
    Then they came for the Communists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a Communist.
    Then they came for the trade unionists
    and I did not speak out
    because I was not a trade unionist.
    Then they came for me
    and there was no one left
    to speak out for me.

Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post

And that kid wasnt even there! So messed up.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Edited because I should be a more respectful person
    Last edited by Snipe; 01-30-2019 at 06:36 PM.

I Failed the Covington Catholic Test
    Next time there’s a viral story, I’ll wait for more facts to emerge.

We love the outrage against Whitey.

This would not have happened with any other race of kids.

They targeted conservative White kids at the March for life, and walked into a group wearing Make America Great hats. They tried to destroy those kids lives to make political points. Some of the weaker kids getting death threats may already be scarred for life.

At some point some whacko is going to act out on the social media/ internet frenzy. It has happened before. It will happen again. If my kids were targeted I think it would throw our whole life upside down, and I would be paranoid if cars were slowing down outside my house. I can try to imagine the horror, but I really can't imagine the totality.

And so many people are ready to rally around the public lynching, and you don't have to wonder how Hitler got power. I have seen the enemy, and he is us.

There doesn't seem to be any question that the media screwed up this story.

But I'm amazed that one or two stories devolve into "their coming for whites" like it was the same as Hitler and the Jews.
    Unbelievable.

Try and imagine what it must be like to have been black, in the South, for the last 250 years. Or even today in some places.

People can always be made to hate "the other."
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.