Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Since my youngest daughter goes to a catholic HS in Cincinnati, just wanted to educate myself more on the subject. Of course last night with her friends and what they heard, it was brutal for Cov Cath. Trying to use this as an example for my daughter to find more facts vs just reading social media.

The Enquirer posted an 1 hour 40 minute video of the four extremely racists black Israelites (this video was taken by their own members). Time I wish I had back but none the less it was eye opening. This small group was preaching hate to everyone including people at the Indigenous people march and African Americans.

From what I’ve read, the Cov Cath group was instructed to meet back at Lincoln memorial. At no time during the video did I see any the kids threaten the black Israelites. Sure there were things said back after the small group completely insulted the young kids with white privilege, homophobic and anti Catholic and Christian stuff. About an hour and 15 into the video you hear one black Israelites say “there’s Dan (Indian seen previously on this on thread and one that was interviewed) go get them Dan.” At that time, the Indigenous March was no longer there and their activity ended about 30 minutes into the video.

As for Dan Phillips (the Indian), seems like this isn’t his first time seeking out people with wearing MAGA hats. I know the original video posted shows a lot of MAGA hats but the other video only shows about 5% (very rough estimate). So it’s obvious Phillips headed straight to the majority wearing them.

Not to say Cov Cath is not to blame because I don’t know all the facts, but thought I would share prior to what’s being shared in the news.

Here’s the link:

https://amp.cincinnati.com/amp/2630930002

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Congress can't just pass a law to outlaw abortion. Passage of a constitutional amendment is required.

P.S. this Cov.Cath story is yet another example of liberal fake news.
    Actually the CAN. The problem has been that any such law could not pass judicial review by the courts. However, that may no longer be true, and is almost sure to be not true if one more conservative judge makes their way on to the Supreme Court.

And, yes, as more facts and more videos come out, it appears that the Cov Cath story is certainly not as cut and dry as it appeared at first. Not by a long stretch.
    Last edited by XUGRAD80; 01-20-2019 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XU 87 View Post
    Congress can't just pass a law to outlaw abortion. Passage of a constitutional amendment is required.

P.S. this Cov.Cath story is yet another example of liberal fake news.
    Calling it liberal fake new annoys me, Fox is just as fake as liberal sites. I am going to start posting the bullshit on their site and the opinion passed off as news.

Again, they had a majority and republican presidents and nary anything even brought up. The topic never arose. It is only an issue when people pick judges and when Democrats rule some branch.

Again, it’s never been banned in the US, ever. It’s been available to upper middle class and up. Roe made it available to all. If it’s banned somehow here the rich will send their pregnant teens across borders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Calling it liberal fake new annoys me, Fox is just as fake as liberal sites. I am going to start posting the bullshit on their site and the opinion passed off as news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Please call out all fake news!

Unfortunately the news we got for years was from MSM. This article was a perfect example why we need multiple sources. Things are much more ambiguous then we think as you described.

Supporting Member
    I just watched the longer video and read the Enquirer analysis. The kids actually should be commended for the restraint they showed with the harassment and baiting that came from that racist black group. Those people are as evil as the KKK. That is more of a story here than anything else But somehow I suspect we won’t hear much about that...
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

It’s fake news. What was reported isn’t what happened, but it supported a liberal narrative- “White males from this private school are racists.” So the liberal media ran with the “story” without first checking the facts.

As for abortion, let me explain so you can understand. Roe v. Wade says that laws completely outlawing abortion are unconstitutional. Hence, to change this decision, we need a constitutional amendment. Congess just can’t pass a law outlawing all abortions. It would be unconstitutional based on current law.

CNN just updated their story, and there is not one word about what really happened. CNN knows this is a fake story but does nothing to correct it. Nothing. But the story does fit the CNN narrative., so I guess it stays as written.
    Last edited by XU 87; 01-20-2019 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskie in dayton View Post
    I just watched the longer video and read the Enquirer analysis. The kids actually should be commended for the restraint they showed with the harassment and baiting that came from that racist black group. Those people are as evil as the KKK. That is more of a story here than anything else But somehow I suspect we won’t hear much about that...
    Thanks for watching Muskie Dayton and bringing this topic up in the first place to the board. Completely agree with you on the other story getting buried. Shame

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/statu...670663680?s=21

The Cov Cath student’s side of the story.

Sophomore
    87, you can insert FOX instead of CNN in your last paragraph above and the statement would be just as accurate. The propaganda pushed by both of these channels threaten truth as our country (used to) know it.

Quote Originally Posted by cutterX View Post
    87, you can insert FOX instead of CNN in your last paragraph above and the statement would be just as accurate. The propaganda pushed by both of these channels threaten truth as our country (used to) know it.
    Did Fox report this story wrong and refused to correct it?