Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
    And in related news, I think the claims of Jussie Smollett might be more Fake News.

Some guys attacked him yelling "This is Maga Country", allegedly.

Except I have journeyed to the Trumpkin Fever Swamps, and I can't recall anybody saying "Maga Country". I have seen "Maga Nation", but no "Maga Country". It is just not something I have ever heard. Nobody says that.

When something fits too nicely for the liberal precepts, it is a warning sign that it is fake news. When the Cov Cath students were chanting "Build the Wall", it just didn't fit. Who would chant build the wall at a Native American? At least "Build the Wall" is something people say. I can imagine lefties hearing that and just believing it. Just as I can imagine them hearing "Maga Country" and believing that.

Chicago has people roaming around in MAGA hats, beating up black, gay, jewish actors saying "This is Maga Country". Right.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

And if anyone can find an example of "Maga Country" on the net, please post an example. It has to be before this actor's claims came out. I tried to do a date specific search and I couldn't find anything in the past year other than a Vanity Fair article that was not favorable to Trump, ie, it was not a Trump supporter saying this is Maga Country. I would be willing to bet that if "Maga Country" references do in fact exist, they might be used by people that don't like what they view of Maga Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    And in related news, I think the claims of Jussie Smollett might be more Fake News.

Some guys attacked him yelling "This is Maga Country", allegedly.

Except I have journeyed to the Trumpkin Fever Swamps, and I can't recall anybody saying "Maga Country". I have seen "Maga Nation", but no "Maga Country". It is just not something I have ever heard. Nobody says that.

When something fits too nicely for the liberal precepts, it is a warning sign that it is fake news. When the Cov Cath students were chanting "Build the Wall", it just didn't fit. Who would chant build the wall at a Native American? At least "Build the Wall" is something people say. I can imagine lefties hearing that and just believing it. Just as I can imagine them hearing "Maga Country" and believing that.

Chicago has people roaming around in MAGA hats, beating up black, gay, jewish actors saying "This is Maga Country". Right.
    That story unraveled so quickly. People didn't learn their lesson at all from the Cov Cath crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    The school is something like 97% White. I know some Cov Cath grads that are my age that make no bones about their feelings on race, including referring to our previous President with the N word. I am sure that doesn't reflect the whole school, a majority or even a significant minority, but it would practically be an impossible aberration of statistics if there weren't incidents of racial bias in a population with that makeup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post

Unconfirmed reports, since the school has shut down all of their outward facing sites, that the teachers at this school are 100% White.
    What percentage of St X was White when you attended school?

What percentage of your teachers were Black? How may of the teachers are Black today?

Here is a link to the faculty directory that is on the World Wide Web!

https://www.stxavier.org/academics/faculty-directory

Is that optimal? What is optimal?

Is that problematic? Can someone please define problematic?

Are you, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?

The diocese got around to exonerating the boys today. They condemned them about five minutes after the first reports came out.

The Catholic Church isn't very good about protecting its children.

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    Is that problematic? Can someone please define problematic?
    prob·lem·at·ic: /ˌpräbləˈmadik/

noun
    1. a thing that constitutes a problem or difficulty.

"All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The diocese got around to exonerating the boys today. They condemned them about five minutes after the first reports came out.

The Catholic Church isn't very good about protecting its children.
    The unfortunate reality is the bishop has a lawyer who leans to the liberal side and he ran the playbook. They doubled down on it and kept him out of school until the family's lawyer forced his hand. There is a group of students going to Colorado today and they were told no political hats and not to wear anything Covington Catholic on the plane. It's sad, you can even be proud of your school anymore because idiot adults have nothing better to do.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by klark View Post
    The unfortunate reality is the bishop has a lawyer who leans to the liberal side and he ran the playbook. They doubled down on it and kept him out of school until the family's lawyer forced his hand. There is a group of students going to Colorado today and they were told no political hats and not to wear anything Covington Catholic on the plane. It's sad, you can even be proud of your school anymore because shit starting liberals have nothing better to do.
    Fixed that for you.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

I do thing that the Covington fiasco will go down as one of the seminal political moments of the year. It just is what it is. A bunch of kids suddenly become villians and even Hitler on twitter, and then it comes out they did nothing wrong.

Sophomore
    My apologies if this has been posted. A settlement has been reached with CNN. I assume a non disclosure agreement so we will never know the amount. Will be interesting to see if the suit vs the Washington Post gets settled or goes to trial. https://www.fox19.com/2020/01/07/cnn...outputType=amp