Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahns Krazy View Post
    And for anyone defending the use of black paint on a face as "spirit wear" please explain this boy on the right.
    Venom, I've been told.

Never really occurred to me until this incident, but I'm pretty sure the Catholic school my kids go to (and wife teaches at) has a 100% white faculty. Not that I really care.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    Glad to see you've matured since then. I'll let you get back to commending this kid for not ripping the drum out of the man's hands.

Close this crap thread.
    So you think the kid did something wrong by standing there? Absolutely I commend the kid. Imagine yourself at 16 with full grown adults yelling hate speech at you, then having a separate group come up to you and drumming in your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Xville View Post
    I'm also pretty sure this was from 8 years ago...nothing like hate white groups bringing something up to support their agenda.
    Good lord. Perhaps you are very young.
    Do you remember that 8 years ago we had a black president and this sort of behavior was certainly a problem?
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
    Good lord. Perhaps you are very young.
    Do you remember that 8 years ago we had a black president and this sort of behavior was certainly a problem?
    My point is, what does this picture have anything to do with what happened to these kids in DC by radical hate groups?

"This behavior" Seriously it is a blackout game. Ok I'll let you all get back to your white guilt support group therapy now.

So you think the kid did something wrong by standing there? Absolutely I commend the kid. Imagine yourself at 16 with full grown adults yelling hate speech at you, then having a separate group come up to you and drumming in your face.
    The only take I have on this story is that it shouldn't be a story in the first place. I think we can all agree that this shouldn't be something that has risen to the level of attention it has. I don't think it's worth sitting here and calling this person wrong, that person wrong, commending this person etc. because it just really doesn't matter. This only drags these things further.

Twitter storms of outrage should not be a story in publications or part of the national discourse.

Has the school or the archdiocese yet walked back their ridiculous joint statement about the kids? There is ZERO chance I would ever let my kid go that school after they released that statement. If their enrollment doesn't crater next year, I'd be shocked. And when it does, the administration will probably not realize it's their fault.

Bringing this back to Xavier, this really does make me question why I've spent so much of my time and money supporting the school. Based on the administration's past actions, I've got absolutely ZERO doubt Xavier would throw me right under the bus if it was politically expedient for them.
    Last edited by GoMuskies; 01-23-2019 at 10:50 AM.

Noted Twitter poet Titania McGrath has written a poem on this situation. I think it will strike a chord with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Caf View Post
    The only take I have on this story is that it shouldn't be a story in the first place. I think we can all agree that this shouldn't be something that has risen to the level of attention it has. I don't think it's worth sitting here and calling this person wrong, that person wrong, commending this person etc. because it just really doesn't matter. This only drags these things further.

Twitter storms of outrage should not be a story in publications or part of the national discourse.
    Agree for the most part on this shouldn’t have been a National story. However as a concerned father of Catholic HS school student, I needed to find out something that resembles the truth. If it didn’t become a national story, not sure that would’ve been possible.

Based on social media alone, I’m sure discussions in Catholic high schools across the country would have been different on Monday without the further context we found out. Fortunately for us, my daughter’s morality teacher told the students the matter would not be discussed in class until all the facts come out.

Finally, I found out what depths the press will go to destroy Trump.

people gonna see what they want to see....or what they are TOLD to see

I'll admit that when it was 1st presented by the media and described as a smirk....I saw that and thought he probably needed to be back handed.

BUT after reading his explanation that he was smiling, and looking at it again, I can see that (smiling, not smirking) too.

Too put this all in perspective regarding the relationship between the new settlers and old settlers to this continent one must first know history, along with migratory patterns and anthropology. The 'holier than thou" attitude given off by many of these so-called activists and leaders does not hold up well to scrutiny. Nor do all of their cries of victimization. Their are a lot of things in the past of ALL races that nobody should be proud of. Nobody's hands are clean.

Media is looking for ratings (and advertising dollars). The "leaders" are looking for publicity. The anti-trump groups are using this as an excuse to bash him and his supporters. Democrats are using it to bash Republicans (implying that all republicans are trump supporters). The only one without an agenda is probably the kid at the center of the storm.

I’ll bet if he had just walked away and a short video showing just that was released, the story would be how the rich, white, Trump supporter turned his back and showed no respect the the Native American. He had no chance of a safe exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Golf is a relatively simple game, played by reasonably intelligent people, stupidly.