Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member

Cov Cath DC Incident

For anyone following this story, itÂ’s very intriguing. The perfect storm of race, religion, our current political and social climate and disrespect, enhanced by Social Media.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ch/2623820002/

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...eo/2630256002/

My take aways:
    1) Where were the student chaperones? Any adult letting kids participate in any of this is pathetic.
    2) The self-righteousness of the kids is scary. Who are these parents? ThatÂ’s not consistent with any Catholic teaching IÂ’ve had.
    3) People who claim to fight racism have no problem with racial rhetoric against whites/Catholics.
    4) The Native American is a shit starter. He knew exactly what he is doing and how to win the narrative.
    5) The Mob mentality of social media is scary. Much scarier than the mob mentality of the incident.
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

Catholic schools should not be busing thousands of kids to protest in DC each year. Focus on academics and the faith and leave politics at home. The church is too political today and its keeping people away. Focus on serving the poor, being a good person, living an ethical life and leave DC out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 200 View Post
    Catholic schools should not be busing thousands of kids to protest in DC each year. Focus on academics and the faith and leave politics at home. The church is too political today and its keeping people away. Focus on serving the poor, being a good person, living an ethical life and leave DC out of it.
    They were there for the March for Life. It's a part of the Catholic faith to protect life. You may disagree with their views but it's very much part of their faith.

And this video gives a different view of the incident than what was originally reported.
    https://twitter.com/matthewschmitz/s...94001801158656

The student were clearly baited. Kind of a joke IMHO. I figured there was more to the story than the video I saw last night....which was shot after the Indian approached the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    They were there for the March for Life. It's a part of the Catholic faith to protect life. You may disagree with their views but it's very much part of their faith.

And this video gives a different view of the incident than what was originally reported.
    https://twitter.com/matthewschmitz/s...94001801158656
    The truth lies in between.. sure they were there for right to life March. But why are most of them wearing red MAGA hats? That has nothing to do with the March for Life.

They were baited and responded poorly which is not shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    The truth lies in between.. sure they were there for right to life March. But why are most of them wearing red MAGA hats? That has nothing to do with the March for Life.

They were baited and responded poorly which is not shocking.
    Probably shouldn't have worn them because they know that the children in this country can't handle seeing someone in a red hat anymore. But playing devil'a advocate here, the Republican Party wants to end abortion in this country.

We have an internet mob trying to ruin the lives of teenagers when it APPEARS that adults actually approached them in hopes of baiting them and painting them as the bad guys. I'm sure some of them aren't saints but the only questionable rhetoric I heard was from an adult telling them to go back to Europe.

The Republican Party doesn’t want to end abortion. They had 6 years of total control for Bush and 2 years now to pass something and they didn’t. They want the continued argument and that is all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    The Republican Party doesn’t want to end abortion. They had 6 years of total control for Bush and 2 years now to pass something and they didn’t. They want the continued argument and that is all.

So the efforts at the state level where states have been rolling back the effects of Roe v. Wade are to be ignored?

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    So the efforts at the state level where states have been rolling back the effects of Roe v. Wade are to be ignored?
    8 years of recent total Washington control and nothing, it surprises people still think that the Republicans care. They want the argument, because it keeps the religious one issue voters donating. In the end, they want the money.

All the crap at the local level in the long run is a waste of time. One law at the federal level can negate it. That also keeps their base donating. It feels like it’s close for them.

Actually take a look at the history of abortion, it’s been around for a long time and isn’t going anywhere. Access for all is what is relatively new, the last 40 years, access for the wealthy has always been there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post

Congress can't just pass a law to outlaw abortion. Passage of a constitutional amendment is required.

P.S. this Cov.Cath story is yet another example of liberal fake news.