Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member D-West & PO-Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    But they're teenagers who were approached by adults. Why aren't the adults held to a higher standard?
    This. I did a the quickest 180 on my opinion on this that I ever have on an opinion. I saw the first video and was guilty of a knee jerk reaction, and posted on FB criticizing the students. That was wrong of me because the more videos that came out and the more I read it was clear what was first implied and reported the kids were doing they did not do.

I have not seen any videos of the, yelling gay slurs though. I know the hate group the Black Hebrew Israelites were doing that, but I didnt hear that from the students but maybe I missed that video.

I think some perspective is needed that those still critical of the students are missing, from what I understand:

The students were standing around waiting on their bus. While doing this, hate speech and insults were being spewed at them by a small group of Black Hebrew Israelites who have been declared a hate group. During the time this hate group is verbally abusing the teen students they decide to do school chants. Then Mr. Phillips decides with his small group to go into the group of students beating his drum and chanting things the boys dont understand. With no context to what or why he is doing it, all the while getting into the personal space of the young students who were just being harassed by a different small group. How are thet to know Mr. Phillips intentions?

They begin chanting along with him, which then turns into some tomahawk motions and chants by some of the students. Not really appropriate but also not completely egregious given the situation.

Mr. Phillips states he was trying to deescalate the tense situation between the students and the hate group. By the looks of it I dont know what needed to be deescalated? Especially not on the students side. One of the members of his group started shouting at the students to go back to Europe, this wasnt their land. Not deescalating words. Why not go up and invade the personal space of the hate group? How were they to know Mr. Phillips intentions and that he wasnt just another person coming to taunt them to get a rise out of them and spew hate?

I also didnt hear any build that wall chants by the students as reported but again cant say I saw every video. If do, inappropriate but again not egregious.

The two groups responsible for starting any confrontation were ADULTS. If he doesnt march INTO their space there is no confrontation and no story.

I think the chaperones could have done better trying to diffuse the stand off. But again the situation was pretty much opposite of what initially was reported.
    "I’m willing to sacrifice everything for this team. I’m going to dive for every loose ball, close out harder on every shot, block out for every rebound. I’m going to play harder than I’ve ever played. And I need you all to follow me." -MB '17

Quote Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
    You devalue my degree. You really need to take a break from the political talk.

You come off as dumber than a box of rocks. When I had to define what an immigrant was on the immigration thread, I thought I would give you a pass. But this is insufferable. You are a world class moron and you degrade and devalue all of our degrees just by spewing ignorant nonsense.

I don't want to define more terms for you. Look up the Supreme Court. Look up the Constitution of the United States. That would be a good start. Guess what? Republicans can't just outlaw abortion by a vote. Our system doesn't work like that.

What was your major? I am guessing education. Please tell me you didn't attend the business school. You are an insufferable idiot and I just can't take it anymore. Remember from now on: LESS IS MORE!
    Your first two paragraphs are insulting high school bullshit. If you want to be childish save it for your kids and keep it off adult discussing. You can disagree without being insulting. Honestly if you called me immoral I can handle that, calling me stupid put you in a place where I completely ignore you.

You miss my point on all things completely. At no time when we had complete republican leadership did they try and put through funding for a wall. Why not?

We had 8 years of complete republican control and we had nothing on abortion. The most we had is just at the state level and that is minimal at best. If they were really as passionate as you say, why didn’t they draft an amendment? It is simply not the issue you think it is. It has been accessible for upper middle and upper class throughout the last 70 or so years from doctor permission or abortion panels. All Roe did, was make is accessible to all and all could have it performed safely.

Devalue my degree, grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An amendment?!? For real? Are you trying to prove Snipe right?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    But they're teenagers who were approached by adults. Why aren't the adults held to a higher standard?
    Great question. A bunch of adults slaughtered a bunch of teens to support their narrative. Is this a problem?
    "...treat 'em with respect, or get out of the Gym!"

The upside for CovCath is this is the first time anyone has ever called it an elite private school. Take note Newport Central Catholic and Holy Cross: rent a few buses and invest in some MAGA hats and you, too, can one day be elite!

Also, did Fr. Graham take over running CovCath? Because that school didn't hesitate to throw its student body right under the bus.

Sophomore
    People now pushing that wearing black face paint at basketball games is tantamount to black face and putting up three fingers to celebrate a 3 is a symbol for white power. so over the top i had to laugh

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/stat...73674469494784

the fact this was published by a real news organization is absolutely incredible. not only is the premise ridiculous and hilarious, but the picture is from atleast five years ago when all of these kids were in grade school.
    Last edited by scoscox; 01-22-2019 at 12:21 AM.

Whatever you think of the "blackface" picture, the kids involved in the DC incident were in junior high when that game was played. I notice our old friend Mr. Walter is getting some unwelcome run related to this story as well.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by GoMuskies View Post
    The upside for CovCath is this is the first time anyone has ever called it an elite private school.
    Yea, I was shocked to find out that high school kids in kentucky are the privileged class among us. they are the people pulling the strings of power in our country. who knew?

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaXUGrad View Post
    Your first two paragraphs are insulting high school bullshit. If you want to be childish save it for your kids and keep it off adult discussing. You can disagree without being insulting. Honestly if you called me immoral I can handle that, calling me stupid put you in a place where I completely ignore you.

You miss my point on all things completely. At no time when we had complete republican leadership did they try and put through funding for a wall. Why not?

We had 8 years of complete republican control and we had nothing on abortion. The most we had is just at the state level and that is minimal at best. If they were really as passionate as you say, why didn’t they draft an amendment? It is simply not the issue you think it is. It has been accessible for upper middle and upper class throughout the last 70 or so years from doctor permission or abortion panels. All Roe did, was make is accessible to all and all could have it performed safely.

Devalue my degree, grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you want anyone to take you seriously regarding your absurd opinion on abortion in this country, I'd suggest educating yourself on how the three branches of our government work and how laws are passed and enforced.

To also completely dismiss what has happened at the state level on this issue is ignorant at best.
    Last edited by Xville; 01-22-2019 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    People now pushing that wearing black face paint at basketball games is tantamount to black face and putting up three fingers to celebrate a 3 is a symbol for white power. so over the top i had to laugh

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/stat...73674469494784

the fact this was published by a real news organization is absolutely incredible. not only is the premise ridiculous and hilarious, but the picture is from atleast five years ago when all of these kids were in grade school.
    How people can't recognize a difference between black face paint and "black face" is friggin insane. I would advise all people to refrain from painting their faces black but that's mostly because the general public/left wing mob is too stupid to see how they're different.