Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by whopper View Post
    If I am not mistaken, 2 of the 3's came after we failed to corral a rebound that was relatively uncontested..just a bobble.
    Probably correct. Somehow, 2nd chance points was only 15-11. Seemed like a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Not trying to be difficult here...but who do you want to see in those minutes? I mean cmon.
    Uh... hmm... who on the bench could shoot 5-16 and 1-7 from 3? How about anyone.

Welage only took 2 3s. Really? He was 1 of 2 and Naji was 1-7. Were you in the least bit surprised Naji would struggle from 3? Oh wait he has sucked at shooting 3s all season... oh... so let’s allow HIM to keep launching 3s and be the guy to try to shoot us back in a game against a good 3 point shooting team. Raally?

If anyone is going to be shooting 3s it should be Scruggs and Wealage and then maybe Castlin. Naji getting the green light to shoot 3s whenever he wants is part of what has screwed up opportunities for this team to win at times. . I mean were you watching the same game?
    Last edited by IM4X; 01-19-2019 at 03:55 AM.

Wealage... I think that’s a new one, right? It is to me....

Sophomore
    To be fair, if they got within 1 after 3s by Welage and Scruggs and they were down 10 at half I think Welage was in there for the closing of the gap. He is a play finisher, not a play maker and Steele seems to want Naji in there at all times(understandable but why not 35 minutes ) which cuts into Welage opportunities although I think he is a very safe ballahndler who of course does not create much . When I think of it is a tough mix where the only all around player who hits 3s is Scruggs while Villanova and others have 3 3pt shooters on the court at a time
    Last edited by whopper; 01-19-2019 at 04:44 AM.

They did beat the spread at least....let me be the first (possibly?) to say it.....

WAIT ‘TILL NEXT YEAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by XUGRAD80 View Post
    They did beat the spread at least....let me be the first (possibly?) to say it.....

WAIT ‘TILL NEXT YEAR!!
    Line closed at 9.5 pts actually.

Freshman
    Watched from a BDubs in Fla, so no sound. Did Hankins get hurt, foul out or what? He was invisible last 10 minutes or so. Also, out of 22 TV's in bar, only 1 had XU cause I asked for it. Bartender said they play ALL ESPN channels plus Nfl Football. I think ESPN has a deal with BDubs.

Junior
    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Our defense has been bad again though. Yeah, Nova got some friendly bounces, but they have made 15 threes. Half of their shots were three point attempts.

Less than 1/3 of Xavier's attempts were threes.

Steele should just go to AAU events next summer holding a HUGE sign that says, "I NEED SHOOTERS".
    This....today's basketball is about 3 point shooters, getting them in position and letting them shoot. What the hell did we recruit Welage for if the rest of the team is gonna play keep away from him ? Naji, here's a bulletin....you can't hit the broad side of a barn, STOP SHOOTING....

Sophomore
    Sad to say, with Q injured and Tyrique and Marshall missing some games Steele had more latitude to substitute and mix/match. 5 players played 30+ min, Naji 40 and 3 others 33 + so there was little substitution and that is a bit much. We will see if that continues vs Providence. To be fair Villanova had a similar mix with Booth/Paschall 36 + Gillespie/Bey/Samuels at 28. Cosby-Roundtree 11 pt in 14 min was the difference

Posted this on HOH too, like many could not understand why Steele didn't play Hankins more in the second half. Clearly he gave Nova fits in the first half. That said, I guess he made the call that because Hankins got burned several times on the pick-and-roll for easy dunks by Crosby Roundtree and Samuels and he thought he was more of a risk. I will say, Jones has come so far. In the past when those shots didn't fall underneath you can almost see him boiling over. He's much more mature and frankly very, very good. He did a pretty good job on Pascall as well. I think as he got a little bit more tired and as the announcers were saying didn't get lower in his stance paschall was able to get around him in the second half . But the way he's changed his body, gotten stronger and is able to guard people on the outside shows a lot of hard work and really great Improvement. He was money on the foul line last night too ( which up until the last part of the game was ridiculously bad for both sides). Good luck with PC.