Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Game Thread: Xavier vs. Villanova (January 18, 2019)

VS.

Xavier University Musketeers (11-7, 3-2 BE) vs. #22/21 Villanova Wildcats (13-4, 4-0 BE)
    Friday January 18 2019, 8:20 PM EST
    Wells Fargo Center, (21,000), Philadelphia, PA

Live Chat

Notes and Stats

Television: FS1 with play-by-play from Joe Davis and analysis from Len Elmore.
    Xavier Radio: 700 WLW-AM, including via iHeart Radio, TuneIn and via Sirius XM (382) and Internet (973) with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman ('79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin ('88).
    Live Stats: Media stats at Statbroadcast.com. Fan stats at GoXavier.com.
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

I see a real opportunity here. All the past Nova teams have had multiple NBA players. This team does not. In fact, Paschall is a projected 2nd rounder and Booth is not in the conversation. IMO Paul and Naji are better prospects than anything they have. I am predicting a upset.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Supporting Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    I see a real opportunity here. All the past Nova teams have had multiple NBA players. This team does not. In fact, Paschall is a projected 2nd rounder and Booth is not in the conversation. IMO Paul and Naji are better prospects than anything they have. I am predicting a upset.
    While I agree we have an opportunity here and I think we keep it close, they still have more nba potential on their team.

Quinerly was a McDonald's all american and top 30 recruit.

Swider and Samuel are top 50 recruits and very long.

I think the real difference between this years nova team and ones in the recent past, is that the best talent is very young and still trying to figure it out...much like paul last year and naji this year. Their talent is still better than what x puts on the floor.

Junior
    Pascall is a beast. I wonder how he and Jones and Hankins will play ? Could be some fireworks. Paschall and Scruggs got into it at Cintas last year. Actually Scruggs walked away as though he was scared to death of Paschall.

Pregame perspective:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.30ad0fb5534c

(hope that's not behind a paywall)
    ...he went up late, and I was already up there.

Sophomore
    It was spellman and scruggs and i don't remember paul backing down in the least. quite the opposite

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by scoscox View Post
    It was spellman and scruggs and i don't remember paul backing down in the least. quite the opposite
    Yeah, Paul didn’t back down at all, he was the antagonizer in it I believe, then spellman bumped his chest and they both got T’d up. If I recall correctly. Think it was at a point when it was becoming a close game again, on the back of Tre.

Tonight this Nova team will lose their Big East Virginity

DEFEND THE TITLE!!
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Cole Swider broke his hand... not that it’s a huge deal but since he almost came to X it’s a small storyline.

Supporting Member
    Tonight....we end this nova bs with the new and improved regime. Let's effing go!!!