Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    Nope, it’s still an extremely dumb take. But again, not surprised considering the source.
    This
    "Some of our guys thought defense was a town in Chile. Other guys thought defense was something you put up around d-house to keep out d-dog and d-cat." Pete Gillen

Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Why is hankins sitting so long? Jones is useless out there. Letting a 4th white guy out jump him

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    EXACTLY. I thought maybe he had two fouls but it looks like only one.

Need Scruggs to be more involved in the offense. He dominated with Q out and now that hes back Scruggs has disappeared. No one for X is in foul trouble so they need to play some physical D in the second half. Gotta go after Pascal and Roundtree and get the to pick up a foul or 2 early in the 2nd half.

Offense was solid. Missed a lot of easy shots. Would be nice to get Welage some nice looks. Only shot was rushed.

Defensively they should be switching more. If you get a big on a guard so what... slip screens killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
    EXACTLY. I thought maybe he had two fouls but it looks like only one.
    Steele has done that in multiple games with hankins and Jones. Jones is the better rebounder but hes not an offensive threat unless it's a wide open dunk. Hankins has a nice little hook shot and is able to finish better than Jones. Jones missed a couple bunnies to start the game and hasnt looked comfortable since. He did get screwed on the call that should have been an and 1 though.

Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by kellernr View Post
    Need Scruggs to be more involved in the offense. He dominated with Q out and now that hes back Scruggs has disappeared.

Yea it seems to negatively affect Paul and I don't like that, but what do you do about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
    Offense was solid. Missed a lot of easy shots. Would be nice to get Welage some nice looks. Only shot was rushed.

Defensively they should be switching more. If you get a big on a guard so what... slip screens killing us.
    I was really hoping tonight would be the night that welage found his shot. Did they use bigger rims in San Jose?

Quote Originally Posted by AviatorX View Post
    This half (along with the first half of the Seton Hall game) should be a good lesson to those who don’t understand why you need to continue to shoot good 3’s.

Doesn’t matter how efficient you are inside the arc.
    Don’t disagree at all with the 3 stuff and think most understand. If your not going to take the good threes (as they did not in first 8 minutes) you better finish on the close twos.

I think Steele is a good coach and will turn into an excellent coach. If he had just a few guys that could shoot at better than a grade school skill level, this team could be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I think Steele is a good coach and will turn into an excellent coach. If he had just a few guys that could shoot at better than a grade school skill level, this team could be very good.
    Totally agree. Results aren’t gonna be too pretty, but this team is coming together and Steele is figuring it out. Hard to point to something specific but just has that feel.