When just one isnt enough X-band '01's Avatar

Marty Brennaman retiring in 2019

His announcement via Twitter

Doesn't sound like he'll be doing too many (if any) one-off games after this season. Even in recent years, his schedule has lightened up a bit.

10 years too late.

Do people still follow the Reds? Baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
    Definitely an outlier, ha ha, but I went to over 30 games last year. The Reds were my favorite sports team as a kid, Xavier 2nd, and I will be very sad to see Marty retire, even if I don't blindly agree with much of anything he says anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by fellahmuskie View Post
    Definitely an outlier, ha ha, but I went to over 30 games last year. The Reds were my favorite sports team as a kid, Xavier 2nd, and I will be very sad to see Marty retire, even if I don't blindly agree with much of anything he says anymore.
    That's a lot of money on a team that doesn't really perform very well. My sympathies.

I used to go to the old stadium and follow the team more when players hung on for more than a few years. All the bad roster moves just sort of pushed me into not caring, especially since I haven't had cable for years now and it's harder to watch.

Marty had a great career. I like his call better than Thom's, but I'm sure he'll stick around here forever.

They’ve been bad the past few years, but people will always follow Reds baseball. I am a baseball fan, and more attentive when the Reds are in contention. When the Reds are rolling, the fans will be there. This coming season has more buzz about it than we’ve seen in a while. I don’t think the Reds are done acquiring talent, and there is a lot of reason to be interested in the Reds this spring.
    "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz and I'm fine.--Jeff Spicoli"

That's a lot of money on a team that doesn't really perform very well. My sympathies.

I used to go to the old stadium and follow the team more when players hung on for more than a few years. All the bad roster moves just sort of pushed me into not caring, especially since I haven't had cable for years now and it's harder to watch.

Marty had a great career. I like his call better than Thom's, but I'm sure he'll stick around here forever.
    I live downtown and tickets are cheap, so I bring in my own food and spend $5-10 max on a game. I will definitely miss that if/when the team is good again, but it will be worth it.

Like Nuts said, there is a lot more excitement going into this season, especially if they get another player or two. It's also the team's 150 year anniversary and 100 year anniversary for the parade.