Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Sophomore
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterofreality View Post
    Paul deferred Saturday, just like every body else did, to Naji's awesomeness.

When a dude is on fire like Naj was Saturday, you just get out of the way & admire the greatness. Just like back in 1968 when basically everybody on Xavier just got out of Bob Quick's way when he scored 40 out of 72 of Xavier's points vs UC. They called it the "Cobra Offense" then. Saturday was Naji Nastiness.

Paul will have his games, and soon. Naj won't score 31 every game and they'll start helping out on him. Perfect for Paul to take advantage.
    not to mention paul only played like 2 minutes in the first half. considering he only played half the game, his numbers and production were pretty normal

Pardon the interruption, but we are back to the regularly scheduled programming. Brought to you by Graeters Ice Cream....The Paul Scruggs Show is back and better than ever!

The star of our show, owned the Cats, and looked every bit the part of a All BE stud.

I brought up the fact that he has to have a "Kamar Baldwin/TSR" type season for us to get where we want to go. Most here disagreed, and in limp noodle fashion, was happy with Ol' Scruggy to just kick back and be a solid SR Captain.....Foolish, and you know who you are.

IF...I say IF....... IF Mr. Scruggs can bring THAT intensity and heat, we WILL scorch the BEast landscape. He played like a Kamar Baldwin. He was the best player on the floor, and was just overwhelming to the opposition.

NO days off Paul, as in the past. You have to play every game with that kind of passion. This type of ongoing performance is paramount,
    Last edited by Xuperman; 12-07-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by Xuperman View Post
    Pardon the interruption, but we are back to the regularly scheduled programming. Brought to you by Graeters Ice Cream....The Paul Scruggs Show is back and better than ever!

The star of our show, owned the Cats, and looked every bit the part of a All BE stud.

I brought up the fact that he has to have a "Kamar Baldwin/TSR" type season for us to get where we want to go. Most here disagreed, and in limp noodle fashion, was happy with Ol' Scruggy to just kick back and be a solid SR Captain.....Foolish, and you know who you are.

IF...I say IF....... IF Mr. Scruggs can bring THAT intensity and heat, we WILL scorch the BEast landscape. He played like a Kamar Baldwin. He was the best player on the floor, and was just overwhelming to the opposition.

NO days off Paul, as in the past. You have to play every game with that kind of passion. This type of ongoing performance is paramount,
    I wonder how long we will have to wait before Scruggs shoots his average 3pt fga. We need that. BE opponents will force him to play his opposite hand. Hope he can successfully nail that foul line jump shot.

HUGE senior game - 20 points, 8 assists, 4/5 from 3, 4/4 FT, 3 steals.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Ridiculous how solid that young man has become. Driven, Determined, Leader....He is everything you could ask for in a player right now. He is a true senior captain.

And I have to add, I am a big fan of the dreds. I like the look. He is a new man, and this is his team.
    RIP Brian Dargin McCormick

Quote Originally Posted by xukeith View Post
    I wonder how long we will have to wait before Scruggs shoots his average 3pt fga. We need that. BE opponents will force him to play his opposite hand. Hope he can successfully nail that foul line jump shot.
    He answered that bell nicely. The man is on a mission.
    President of the Eddie Johnson Fan Club

What’s nice is that he doesn’t appear to be forcing anything, nor hogging the ball. He is not like the black holes Xavier was forced to endure the last couple of seasons, where the ball stopped moving when it got caught in one of those gravity fields. His assist numbers reflect that, but don’t tell the complete story. He would be credited with even more if there was such a thing as “hockey” assist in BB. The ball continues to move. He either takes an open shot, or moves via the dribble to a point that puts pressure on the defense, and leads to an assist. If he keeps playing like that he will be all-BE.

Paul Scruggs is a f'in baller. He is in complete command of the game when out on the floor.

I am completely invested in the Paul Scruggs Senior Campaign.
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

In his senior year, Paul has become a more complete player and leader.

By the way, after today's 5-8 performance from 3....Scruggs is now 14-38 on the season. This works out to....yes...you guessed it.......37%. It was only a matter of time.
    We've been working hard the whole year...we're staying focused and keeping it one game at a time. --Justin Cage